Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Not much at the Lake Michigan beaches, everyone here pays with smartphones and don't wear jewelry.

Im off to my local beach here in the uk on thursday........there has been dismal pickings on our beaches as of late......the good old days seem to be long gone.

Found the same issue on Alcudia beach on Mallorca. About 8 years ago I got around 160 Euro in October. This year in the same area in September only around 60. During that time the payment for beach equipment changed from cash to digital. The same on the small kiosks.

Can't even go thru a Car Wash around here using cash! They all want your Credit Card Information so they can sell that to the advertisers. BS as I always prefer cash and don't like to us cards.

Leaving on the 28th December for 2 months hunting on the Gulf of Mexico. Like every where else, finds been drying up for a couple years now. Bad enough, they replenished the beach 2 years ago. They didn't half step either. Buried everything under at least 2 feet or better. Best chance of Treasure is finding a smart phone. Can't even return it cause of being pass word blocked. But if their a certain kind they can be sold.
Funny thing about digital. Banks, healthcare, utilities etc. all want us to go paperless. Next thing you hear about is one of them been Hacked and everyone's info is posted all over. Gotta leave as small of a footprint as possible cause too many of them are busy raiding the accounts. Good luck to everyone and if I happen to trip over a penny spill I'll leave a post.

Bad enough, they replenished the beach 2 years ago. They didn't half step either.
In Myrtle Beach area they are talking about starting replenishment again ... thing is that the last three storms have pushed sand up onto the beaches. Some of the dunes got flattened and spread out, but the steps and fences in most of the beach entry areas have more sand than they did after the last replenishment. Seems like a real waste of money.

Same on LI brothers. Very lean last few summers. not much gold or silver anymore. Was great while it lasted. Still love going down, just a little pickier when I do. Bob

In Myrtle Beach area they are talking about starting replenishment again ... thing is that the last three storms have pushed sand up onto the beaches. Some of the dunes got flattened and spread out, but the steps and fences in most of the beach entry areas have more sand than they did after the last replenishment. Seems like a real waste of money.
Their just trying to hide the good stuff.
We should get a little loader and a tromel sluice and work the beaches like old Miner's.

Their just trying to hide the good stuff.
We should get a little loader and a tromel sluice and work the beaches like old Miner's.
That would most likely get you put in jail. A couple of the nearby jurisdictions have outlawed metal shovels on the beach, but at least put in the code "readily available gardening tools" so as to exclude metal detecting scoops. I did have beach patrol watch me digging a deep hole looking for what turned out to be a 4 ounce lead sinker and then drove away when I started filling in the hole. At the same time they banned metal shovels they specified not digging holes more than two feet deep ... and with the Impulse AQ, I find some stuff deeper than that.