Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Not to sound like Penthouse forum....

jkline

but I really never thought this would never happen to me.

Was detecting a tiny permission lawn-- about 10'x 10'-- that had been detected by two other people before. I got near the sidewalk edge-- poured in '44-- and started getting iron interference and a little hi tone chirp that took my CTX from the 30's to 1 40/41. I turned my sensitivity way down-- it was still there. What the hell-- I dug, and out pops this baby, literally vertical right up against the sidewalk. Dammit: the shovel put a tiny nick on the edge, but am thankful one entire side wasn't trashed. Still can't believe this happened to me-- a 1922D silver dollar.

It was a very iffy/scratchy signal, about 4-6" deep in very dry soil. As it was the one and only signal worth a hail mary, I dug. If it was at they end of a long detecting day I would have passed it by. I shudder to think what I've left behind in the ground.

Moral of the story: never let yourself down-- dig as if it was your last dig ever; always take your detecting gear: you never know when a neat opportunity arises.

Attachments

• 20210604_095722[1].jpg
    20210604_095722[1].jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 121
  • 20210604_111650[1].jpg
    20210604_111650[1].jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 124
Glad you dug!!!!! Beautiful silver dollar!

but I really never thought this would never happen to me.

Was detecting a tiny permission lawn-- about 10'x 10'-- that had been detected by two other people before. I got near the sidewalk edge-- poured in '44-- and started getting iron interference and a little hi tone chirp that took my CTX from the 30's to 1 40/41. I turned my sensitivity way down-- it was still there. What the hell-- I dug, and out pops this baby, literally vertical right up against the sidewalk. Dammit: the shovel put a tiny nick on the edge, but am thankful one entire side wasn't trashed. Still can't believe this happened to me-- a 1922D silver dollar.

It was a very iffy/scratchy signal, about 4-6" deep in very dry soil. As it was the one and only signal worth a hail mary, I dug. If it was at they end of a long detecting day I would have passed it by. I shudder to think what I've left behind in the ground.

Moral of the story: never let yourself down-- dig as if it was your last dig ever; always take your detecting gear: you never know when a neat opportunity arises.
somewhere down along the road is where you will find the coins....

Hilarious lead in🤣🤣.

Congrats on the Silver Dollar! I know that 1-40 signal is nearly identical to the Etrac and it almost always ends up sounding so good but being a heartbreaker. Good job staying after that target, you earned your reward!

Weeeeellllllllll...... I'm JEALOUS! Congrats. Well done!

Uhhhh, I taught him everything he knows???? And how the hell did you cross this over to Penthouse Forum???? Love the silver dude!!!!