Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Not todays, but a discovery of what I dug earlier

Ronstar

About 5 years ago I hit an old farmhouse lot with permission. Didn’t find a lot of coins but pulled out a Red Goose Shoe token, an old button, a couple pig ear tags, a 1935 WA State tax token, and several old bottle cap openers. One was different than the others and I put them in the “to do later pile” of keep, throw, magnetic or non mag, etc.
So today I got to that pile. Tokens keep, ear tags keep, misc brass and copper plumbing junk keep, etc. Get to assortment of cap lifters and the one that was different I could barely see letters on the handle. Took soft wire brush and started brushing, could see L-U-C-K-? and next word could only make out last two letters E-R. Wait a minute.......
Now brushing more vigorously with a light oil........ LUCKY LAGER!!!!! Flip over, maybe more letters...... vigorously brushing again and about 2-3 minutes later BANKERS ALE.

Internet search found exact opener in good condition for $15. A little history revealed used as an advertising piece in the mid to late 1950s. Cool.

How many of you west coast guys in your 60s remember Lucky Lager? Bottles had the picture puzzles in the cap? 11 oz bottles? Song? “Lucky is the beer beer drinkers drink....(again) Now finish that jingle!!!!!

I grew up on that beer in the early 70s!!! Started in the 30s in San Francisco and ended in ‘78 in Vancouver WA. Still made in Canada but hard to get. Went to an antique mall a few months ago and scored 8 original bar glasses for $30. Now I have a rusted but useable “church key” to accessorize.

Learned Pabst now owns Lucky and reintroduced it in the SF area last year and to be released back into the Pacific Northwest soon.

I cant believe I hadn’t seen those letters earlier. Glad I don’t throw anything away until its rechecked, sorted and identified. Exact opener, $15. Memory lane, priceless!

Attachments

• F4142E35-83C1-4D88-98FB-DE66FC40AF5F.jpeg
    F4142E35-83C1-4D88-98FB-DE66FC40AF5F.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 117
  • 184AD08C-C6BC-46BA-9697-F8E38E4D0121.jpeg
    184AD08C-C6BC-46BA-9697-F8E38E4D0121.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 93
  • B64A8EE1-E368-4E50-AE74-C86D4753FFCE.jpeg
    B64A8EE1-E368-4E50-AE74-C86D4753FFCE.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 111
Its amazing how much is rediscovered by going back through the junk pile, Nice save!
HH Jeff

Kinda more interested in seeing who can remember the theme jingle.... lol