Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Notching out numbers.

Grunter

I was recently hunting on the beach getting really annoyed digging 15-16 VDI's only to dig pop-top after pop-top and an occasional pull tab. I had read many accounts of 14 k rings being found in that range but after many hours and hundreds of pop-tops.pull tabs I was close to notching out that range and calling others claims as BS. Low and behold my next target was a solid 16 and a smooth mid-tone and out pops a 7 gram wide band wedding band 14 k. Needless to say I will be digging many more pop-tops and pull tabs

Since I have gotten my 800 I have dug probably close to 1,000 pull tabs. My local lake park is littered with them. I have put areas into grids and have dug everything. It has been amazing the coins hiding in among all the tabs. I have yet to dig my first gold ring with my 800 even after bending over a few thousand times. Persistence pays off!

Hence the reason gold can be so elusive as it reads same numbers as garbage...most the gold I dig in water comes in @ 1,2 or 3 because I mostly dig earrings.. like Laplander mentioned the gold will often give a smooth signal except odd shaped things like crosses or triangle shaped earrings...

I got a solid 10 on a 18k gold ring. I never dig 10’s but you can bet I will now.
If any tone is solid dig it.

If you are digging lots of tabs on a beach, that is a good sign that nobody has scooped up the gold rings yet!

I always carry a couple of different Gold rings just to remind me what the signal is on my 800. Last week I threw one of the rings which is in a small plastic envelope down on the beach just to remind me of the tone and a few moments later further up the beach I had the same signal which turned out to be what was left of a small gold ring.