Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Nothing but problems

TerryR

In the 2 months that I have owned this thing it is on it's second trip back in for repair. I don't over use it I can only detect about 6 hours a week and I have 3 other machines. I wonder how much you have to beg to get a new unit? Even my Super Store dealer couldn't help me get one. Love it when it works but this is stupid. I have bragged about the turn around time of 2 weeks on repair service but I think I will shut my mouth from now on. Yes this is bashing but I'm an owner and I think I have a right to. My first Fisher in 30 years of detecting could it be my last?

First time it was some bad solder in the control box and something about the plug. Now we tried a new coil and its still is not the problem. It starts excessive chattering and running numbers up and down with all kinds of audio noise. Now before someone says interference, I have tried it in all different kinds of locations. If you finger tap the stem, or the coil you cab make all kinds of noise. Sure is annoying

Mine acted up when I first got it.It was used off Ebay and I was realy worried.It would go crazy with numbers jumping all over the place no matter what I did.I could touch the control housing and it would go crazy.I could touch the screen and it would go crazy.I have been detecting over 30 years with many different machines and I had never seen anything like it.I checked the coil connection and fooled with it a while and it helped a little.This went on for 2 hours and I was ready to wrap it around a tree.All at once it calmed down and it has worked perfect for over 3 months and I have not picked up any of my other machines since.Hope you get it fixed soon as I think if it worked properly you would be very pleased with it.
IF IT IS FREE CALL IT ADVISE
IF YOU PAY FOR IT CALL IT THERAPY
IF IT HELPS CALL IT A MIRACLE
Ray-Mo.

Sorry to hear your F75 is playing up, I had a problem with mine but its now OK after I fluked fixing it.
Mine now seems to run super hot, have to crank down the sensitivity to be able to control the signals, but I'm happy for now.
The reason why some units have problems could be who is doing the assembly ?
Hope you get satisfaction, keep us informed.

Bobby.

Pick up tag so you don't have to pay for it. Be sure and call them and get a repair number. The dealers can't do anything about replacing the machine and that was what I was told. All machines that are having problems have to be sent back to F/T for repair. It has to do with some time factor on repair if they will replace it or not or just repair it. They repaired Ronny's twice and mine was so bad they just replaced it. The new one they sent me works great and none of the problems I had with the other ones. They were fast and on the repairs and were very nice to me even though I told them what I really thought of the machines. Between Ronny's and my bad one I am on the third one F75. You will really notice the difference when you get one with no problems. Love mine. Call and talk to Mike Scott. Nice guy and was a great help for me. They took good care of me and the problems I had with the machines. So I can only say good about F/T and Mike and Christy. My new machine runs quite as a mouse unless I run the sen. up to 90 in and around power lines and then it gets a little chirpy but that is what it is supposed to do. When Vlad and I were out last time I let him use my F75 and I ran Dis. at 80 Dis at 6 4H tones DE mode. Ran into some under ground cable's for the lights so turned it down to 70 and everything ran perfect. Jewelry mode could not run due to elect wires but we were so close to them I had to noise cancel my SE twice. Once I reset the F75 from 80 to 70 sen Vlad had no problem hunting with it. Hell he got more silver then I did. He loved the machine. So mine is working great. I will say one thing for you guys to do I just found out yesterday. that is to get rid of those batteries they put in the F75 from the factory due to the small neg base that is on the batteries. The battery springs are not what they should be and they need to be of the stiffer king. The factory batteries just don't seem to set right on the springs. Any tapping and shaking of the detector like rocking your hand right to left makes the machine chip and chirp. I changed to some wider based batteries with more metal exposure on the bottom of the batteries and everything worked better. Now I can rock left to right and no chirping. make sure the springs are seated good on the bottom of the batteries also. As far as I am concerned they need to rework the whole battery box set up as the springs are just to week like the Xterra 70. For those guys that say I am bashing again well you know what you can do. I am just telling it like it is. As far as the post the other day about there being a depth difference I have had three different F75s and all three were getting the same depth and I have not noticed any difference in depth in them. I would say to the guy that had the problem send it to F/T and they will fix it. OK I am back to LURKING. Wonder how many will read this and not make a comment on what I have said good or bad :rofl: . too many of us LURKERS out there. :D: :D: and I am one of the biggest ones. BTW I got close to 200 hours on the F75 and I say it is a Excellent machine. I just dug a very, very nice and I know I never say this or talk about what I find, but that is me and I got my reasons, Heart shaped diamond 14Kt ring with 20 1/8 Kt diamonds in it. My Sweetie Pat loved it. Soon as I cleaned it up and tested it I gave it to her. :cheekkiss: :inlove: . Hey, I know how to keep Mama Happy so I can go hunting anytime I want to. She always gets first pick. The rest I sell. :D: :D: HH Later Jerry aka Tinfoil

The sad thing is that I really like the machine when it works. I guess maybe I should have put my electronics background into use and just tore it apart and fixed it myself but then again..... Just really a shock to have a detector act up twice in 2 month and then take 2 weeks off that for the last shipping and repair time. Before you know it we will be done detecting here for the year. Oh well back to using the Tesoro

I was just thinking ! it "could be" that YOU might have a lot of Static in you and that effects to the detector ? (just a thought )

[quote TerryR]The sad thing is that I really like the machine when it works. I guess maybe I should have put my electronics background into use and just tore it apart and fixed it myself [/quote]

I do feel for you, if you still have it you could try opening up the battery box to check the soldering & wiring, also the springs are not strong enough for a good connection, try stretching them.

Bobby.

Yep talked to Mike and Kristi both. She had even thought that they should give me a new machine but someone must have overrode that idea. I owned a business and I know over the years that sometimes you give away a new unit to keep a customer happy then fight it out with the company. This is the 2nd detector that I have bought from the Big K this year. Also bought another unit from a dealer. Both the other brands work great and a lot cheaper. A machine in this price range should never go out with problems. My first Teknetics 9000B was close to this price if I remember right and operated for years and is still working. Hope they get their act together.

Forgot the funny one-- New RA number is the same old number just add a -1 behind it and send it to the attn of Tom Walsh. I didn't want to wait for a call tag so I just spend the $20. and send it. Maybe they are trying to skimp on money. My thought "If you can't build it right the first time can you do it right the second time?"

Gee's Terry about that number ! What going on :sadwalk:? the F75 is a great detector, bad units need to be swallowed up, not half fixed, replaced quickly, very quickly.

Bobby.

I know it's frustrating to have problems, but so far FT seems like the kind of company that wants to make things right. One thing I've found very interesting about them is they seem to have a genuine desire to learn from past errors and correct them (kinda rare these days). It just sounds like your luck is kinda like mine... there could be 99 winning tickets out of 100 in a drawing and I'd still manage to pick the loser :) One sure bet though, is that they will bend over backwards to make it right for you.

hh'n

Sorry that you are having problems. There are so darn many good f75's out there, including mine, that one hates to hear that someone isn't getting to really experience the pleasures of detecting that the f75 has to offer. From what I've heard regarding problems, I feel FT/Fisher will make it right, though. Good luck. HH jim tn