Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Nothing is ever hunted out you just have to listen

chadwick

We have hunted this area countless times. We or I should say I said that the area was hopeless. My wife said it wasn't so after a short while she was jumping for joy. Her first barber half but right above it was a old cutter off a piece of farm machinery. Then came the seated an the Indian. Barber was a 1904. Seated was 1876 an Indian 1866 we are headed back tomorrow. I learn a lesson today and as bad as I hate to say it never argue with a women with a Ctx 3030 Lmao

Go slow, overlap your swing and listen for the faint signal. They should put that in the manual somewhere.
Congrats on the great day.

Congrats on some great finds!! Just out of curiosity (and to help a CTX newbie understand this machine), what sort of readings did these show and the depth? Also, what mode was being used and the settings?

I know that's a lot to ask, but, I have had my CTX only two weeks (coming from a Fisher F75 standard) and I am rather flummoxed at the reading I get. The only one that I have been able to trust with any degree of certainty is the nickel signal at 12/13 on both x and y axis. Next in line would be a quarter at 12/45 or 11/45. Dimes and pennies will hover around 12/43 sometimes. Everything else seems to be all over the scale.

Any help or advice (or encouragement) you can provide a newbie would be greatly appreciated.

HH and stay safe.....

Well to be honest I look at the numbers sometimes. The seated came in at 12-40-43. It was around 5 inches or so. I really don't pay much attention to the depth Guage. We have hunted that property ALOT but this time we listen to what the Ctx was trying to tell us. I was digging a butt load of rusty nails but was going after that high tone. It sounded like this. Bump bump bump ting ting bump bump. I used to think it had to be a perfect High tone to dig or a 12-45 but it don't have to be. I did the 90

The numbers to me are secondary. It's the tones and even iffy sounds. Plus I always circle the target and if the even iffy tone doesn't move, I dig it. My two finds yesterday that I'll post soon were in the middle of a nail patch and VERY iffy signals, but they got my attention enough to dig them.

Good info, folks......I really do appreciate it. I guess the bottom line is simply dig everything and something good is bound to show up eventually. Maybe I had set my expectations a little too high......just getting a little frustrated at digging a number of solid 12/08's and getting only aluminum shrapnel. And, yeah, I need some better locations!!

Don't give up it takes time and that 12-08 could of been a ring. I have found them at those numbers. There is alot of good peeps on here with tons of knowledge on this awesome machine.