Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Notka Impact vs Makro Racer? - Photos Posted On Nokta Forum, Wow

Altamaha

I just saw these photos of the Nokta Impact posted on the Notka Forum! :clapping:

Altamaha (Tomas), HH

It looks as if we have a company that is going to build some great machines for us while the US just sits and does nothing

They listened to us and responeded to our wants and needs and the racer is almost perfect. Now if someone can build a PI machine that lets gives us the features of a VLF

I'll say it looks good but we don't know enough yet to say whether it's going to be a homerun or just another foreign mid range detector.

I think it is built around the same specs as the Racer and while, for the money, I think the Racer is a great detector my experience didn't see it as much more than a good foreign made mid level machine. But only time will tell. I mean if it's going to be another $800 detector I'd prefer a good used E-Trac or a new AT Pro.

Looks good so far.

foreign ? why does that sound like it's not well made..The racer is better then most units out there and this company has vision where the US has blinders on.. The new uint looks like its going to be the best thing since sliced bread

The new uint looks like its going to be the best thing since sliced bread

LOL. It "looks" to me like a Racer with more features. This is good if the price is right.

I prefer to spend my dollars here in the states when possible. But hey, that's just me. I see people bitch about American jobs going over seas then they buy everything from over seas. I just shake my head.

I have no problem with buy from elsewhere as long as it is the only place to get what I want. The E-Trac is a good example.

Southwind said:
The new uint looks like its going to be the best thing since sliced bread

LOL. It "looks" to me like a Racer with more features. This is good if the price is right.

I prefer to spend my dollars here in the states when possible. But hey, that's just me. I see people bitch about American jobs going over seas then they buy everything from over seas. I just shake my head.

I have no problem with buy from elsewhere as long as it is the only place to get what I want. The E-Trac is a good example.
You can spend your $$$ on a detector that the only change made in 10 years was the color of the plastic and higher price tag, or get something with current technology.

Well now this made in the USA slogan. Southwind I didn't realize used Etracs were made in the USA. BTW you do realize US workers do benefit when you buy a foreign made detector i.e UPS drivers, USA dealers/businesses, etc.

BTW maybe you can educate all of us here.

How many of the components of the Fisher's, White's, and Garrett metal detectors are actually made in the USA???

And lastly, I'm going to spend my money on something I get the best performance along with superior ergonomics for the $$$$$.

Are you using a made in the USA pinpointer as well??? Shovel??? Batteries???? Clothes???

And how many French made Deus units have you bought???

To each there own---but the hypocrisy I can do without.

I'm all for getting what works if the USA started to make some new better detectors that were the next generation then count me in..:surrender:

LowBoy, seems you've become a little hostile as of late. What's up with that. Doesn't seem like you.:confused:

Hello! A problem with comprehension? To quote myself, "I have no problem buying elsewhere", that means other than the USA, "as long as that is the only place to get what I want." I realize the E-Trac is not made in the US why do you think I used it as an example? White's, Garrett are American companies <- the point. Fact is I mainly use a Deus. Another non-US made detector. In my opinion this looks like a good detector but here we have, again, people that don't know squat about this detector praising it as though it were the greatest thing since sliced bread.

For those with the poor reading skills. I said nothing about being made in America. What I suggested is I prefer to buy from American companies. Gee, that's probably why I didn't buy my Deus from XP in France. DUH!

Now the real hard part. I said it looks like a Racer with more features. Am I wrong or am I right? Then I said "This is good if the price is right". Again I say am I right or am I wrong? Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and my opinion, after having owned two Racers, they are great detectors but nothing more than the Garrett AT Pro. The Racer has its strong points as does the ATP. Both good detectors, FOR THE MONEY. I'm a full featured detector type guy. I don't see anything that tells me it will be anything more than another good, for the money depending on the price, foreign detector.

Oh, and you don't like the word foreign? Sorry that's the reality. It is what it is. I guess it's like the Illegal Alien thing.

And the Racer certainly is no AT Pro----far from it!!!

Racer is deeper and performs better in iron.
Ask any pro that has used both.

Way better then the At Pro and Gold in my dirt the racer is right up there with the desu

squirrel1 said:
And the Racer certainly is no AT Pro----far from it!!!

Racer is deeper and performs better in iron.
Ask any pro that has used both.

AGREED!!!!!!!!

I like the looks of the Impact and fact it has a collapsible shaft and internal routed cabling is a real plus! I too wish US makers would get with the program. I guess if enough money evades them they will get some engineers that design modern day and better featured machines.

It's just not what these Turkish folks make-----it's how fast they make them too. They don't play around. Look at how old some of the other companies flagships are. Nokta/Makro may indeed have 2 or 3 releases before the US companies even release one!!!!!

Even if it just equalled the Racer or CoRe's abilities but with adjustable iron volume and tone break I'm in.