Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Now have the 8x6 Sef coil.

Joel-Winnipeg

Got it delivered by Fed X today sure is a well built coil.
Seeing its going on the MXT later as waiting for spring to come
where is the sweet spot on the coil when you pinpoint ?
I imagine there could be some discrepancies depending on mineralization
in the soil, not sure.

Depending on depth I find that shallow coins will be just between the two points if you use the wiggle method drawing back as you wiggle side to side. When the signal disappears probe just between the points and usually there it is unless the signal is pulled aside by something nearby the target. If real deep probably have to X it. It is a great coil you will love it. It was susposed to snow but I guess it is passing us by so I am going to get out to a local school this weekend. The school has a electrical sub station on the grounds. I was surprised how little it effected my detecting last year. Any way good luck with that coil.

The toe pinpoint works OK until you get a deep target, the pinpoint will be off due to the curvature of the front/rear search field. The best way to pinpoint IMHO is to use it just like a concentric coil, right in the middle under the mounting ears.

Hi Joe, You just got one of the best coils to ever be put on the MXT. I love the 5.3 coil, but now i got the 6x8 it stays on my MXT. I just got a Beach Hunter ID 300, and as soon as the warranty runs out i am going to put one of the SEF coils on it and see how it works. I have been told the D2 10" coil works supper on the Beach Hunter, so the SEF coil should do better. Good Luck, hope the winter don,t stay on much longer. Flintstone

You will love it, a few weeks back I got to use a buddies 8x6 SEF for about 45 minutes and I was convinced, I normally run a 5.3 eclipse for general use and a 5" excel for tots on my MXT Pro, once you put this 8x6 on your machine you will be hooked. I am also buying one soon, its has dead on pinpointing at the shaft, as deep or deeper than the 5.3 and unmasks good items that you would normally just pass over. You will pay for the coil in no time with good targets.

As others have mentioned this is one of the best coils going,mine stays on the detector most of the time and in my opinion is far better than the 5.3 coil.

Question - How well does the 8x6 SEF do in really trashy areas and places that have a lot of iron nails in comparison to the 5.3 Eclipse?
I ask because I mainly hunt in these type of areas with an IDX Pro with a 5.3 Black Max coil that I have now, and I have the MXT Pro as the number 1 detector on my wish list that I wish to hunt in these same type of areas with - trashy parks and old homesteads.

Would it be a better bet sticking with a 5.3 Eclipse or maybe even something smaller, or would the 8x6 SEF be the way to go in terms of overall depth, IDing, and seperation in conjunction with the MXT Pro?

Anyone?

HH,
Bill

Please disregard my inquiring post here. I have now read posts from other threads that have pretty much answered my questions. Thanks.

Bill

[size=large]Bill,
I have an MXT Pro with both the 5.3 Eclipse and the 8x6 SEF by Detech. The SEF stays mounted most of the time. The SEF has better coverage than the 5.3 and is deeper than 6x10 Eclipse. I do use the 5.3 in iron and bottle cap infested parks. I also have a 5" Detech Excelerator DD coil that I use on super trashy sites and a 10x12 SEF for open areas. The 10x12 really covers the ground and it sure beats the 12" concentric that came with the MXT Pro.

I also have an IDX and usually keep the 5.3 coil on it unless I need to use the 350 Blue Max. Also have the 800 and 950 coils for the IDX as well. I would like to see Detech come out with the SEF for the older White's detectors that run at 6.59kHZ.

Alan

[/size]

Bill
I have had mxt pro for two years awesome machine. I also used the 8x6 but switched to 10 x5 in trashy area .I have it for three weeks and LOVE IT!!!

Good Hunting
New Digger

Thank you for your replies, Alan and New Digger! I am definitely getting a 8x6 SEF coil for the MXT Pro. Based on all of the positive posts that I have read, I couldn't go wrong in making a purchasing of one for the type of hunting that I want to use it for.

HH, :cheers:
Bill