Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Now that there is a few users of the Deus I have a question or 2

Rick(ND)

Now that you have had some time out in actual hunts is there any regret on this detector?? Does it work better than expected, what you expected or not as well as you expected? Any thing you would like to see changed different?
One of the reason I ask is it seems like any detector that is new out someone is complaining about something and all I have seen here is positive comments and I am sure many are waiting to see the comment before they buy.

Thanks for any comments as we would like to know before too many have them.

Rick

Improvements made to the current model include the improved the shaft grip and armcup for added comfort and some cam locks needed changing but that was up to 2 years back.

The orignal magnet mount which had some advantages but has now been changed to the slide and click mount which in some ways is better than the previous mag mount that was changed by "Swarfy" Mick for a more powerful magnet.fitting.

Despite these teething troubles its a real pleasure to use being super lightweight and the recovery speed is better than with any other machine that I have ever used.

I hope this helps you folks.Jerry.:beers:

PS It misses nothing using 18kHz.even air gun .177 pellets many inches down.

large numbers of units sold in the UK and few sellers so that might tell you something .

It is the best detector I have used( I should say 4 detectors) to date for finding colonial era coins and relics in and around iron targets. Warp speed if you like. You want to tweak it? Fast and easy to do with so many options to choose from. For me the number one reason I got it was for the audio information the target produces. When I get a good signal I know it. But most folks in the US are coin shooters and would run from the iron patches I have to deal with. Funny when I show the many old coins I find very little interest is shown but if Bob finds a merc. or wheat penny wow! No offense Bob. LOL. So choose wisely and understand what conditions ( Iron infested)and the ability to find low conductive hammered coins in these conditions( Our foil) is what makes the Deus a top performer. The wild card for me and all US customers is the ability to update the current software. But take the basic program and make it what you want. Just like burger king you can have your way. If your looking for a detector to replace the mighty Trac this is not the one. It is so much more. Pay very close attention to the conductivity of a target based on frequency selected. Best of luck with whatever you love to use. Tex Kinsey

In the iron patch I use deus fast, iron vol. 4 reactivity 4. Go slow and you will be amazed.

woodchiphustler said:
In the iron patch I use deus fast, iron vol. 4 reactivity 4. Go slow and you will be amazed.

Why use 4, when 3 is plenty fast enough and also you will lose some depth when you up the reactivity.

I understand the depth loss at 4. But this patch is like a machine gun. Hunting over top an old structure. 4 works fine. Depth has been good. Out of this patch I reduce the reactivity from to 1 to 3.

I'm sure Bob from Boise or Bob from Baltimore or Bob from anywhere will just have to get over it. I found another good one on Saturday. Sorry Bob! :surrender:

it does! it's usually indicative
of a satisfying detector!.thanks for the info!

(h.h.!)
j.t.