Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Now that V4 has been released what's everyone's thoughts on the new features?

Strobing_NYC

I have been running V4 since the Beta version was in the wild, I have found the machine to be a lot crisper in signal processing and much better at picking out targets in heavy iron infested area's than it was before. I really like the new reactivity setting of 2.5 as I don't feel it affects depth as much as reactivity 3 yet still has great separation of targets. The new negative ground balance is a nice feature as well, now I can hear all the iron and I think the machine might be just a little bit deeper or that could be because of the clearer signal processing. I would love to hear from the XP engineers on whether the are certain software tweaks to the built-in programs. For example, if I start with the new "HOT" program and then increase sensitivity to 95 and change the frequency to 8hkz and the TX to 3 and then save that as a custom program is it really the same as the "HOT" program minus the small changes I made?
I have not got the new Pin Pointer yet, I want to see how others feel about it first before spending $200 on another PP as I have 2 of them already. I was really hoping the new PP would have some type of discrimination but from what I am reading it doesn't seem to have that feature yet, maybe in the future software update they can figure out how to work that in.

First find with V4, this was found in my own back yard that I have hunted many times over the years and thought was picked clean!

A few answers and a few questions . . . . . .

So you have been using the beta (that was never intended to be released without the MI-6 and HF coil to test it with) but OK. Whenever I see a post that says I found something in an area that has been hunted for years with no details on how deep it was (in other words could anything have found it) or other conditions that make the find one of of note I have to ask what it really shows. Hunted out is really not possible. Our house dates to 1843 and we find something - although not a Barber- virtually every time we hunt the yard. Different sweep direction, different moisture content, different coil, different settings . . . all play a role. Pulled a button from the 1820's 4" deep a few weeks back - how was that one ever missed. When we were doing the V4.0 testing, we marked targets and compared them to a V3.2 unit to see what difference there was. Not much of that was being reported by users of the "bootlegged Beta" files that were floating around.

As far as the new "HOT" program, it is no different than any of the factory preset programs. It is simply a collection of settings that anyone can create from any base preset program and save in Slot 11 to 18 . . . no different than V3.2 was. Call it HOT 2 and with no changes it is EXACTLY the same as HOT preset.

You mention you like the negative GROUND BALANCE . . . I assume you mean the negative DISCRIMINATION since there is no negative GROUND BALANCE on V4.0 (beta or final release). Simply setting your DISCRIMINATION breakpoint at something reasonable and then setting your IRON VOLUME where you hear the iron accomplishes the same thing.

And the MI-6 does not offer discrimination like the Sun Ray probe - it is a wireless pinpointer that can also be used as a standalone model - with the Deus you have adjustments that can be made and saved as custom programs on the MI-6

Andy Sabisch

I know it doesn't seem like a lot of change for some people who will find the wait was too long. But kudos to the Xp team involved in bringing out V4.0 the HF coils, and the pin pointer. I mean that was an amazing feat to come out with new products like that and incorporate them in to our current machines. Name another company that does that on top of their excellent service and repair if needed. Big thanks to all involved including the testers. Andy told me on Saturday he was on version B19 that's 19 Beta programs the tester worked with to get to the final V 4.0 Thank you all and keep up the good work. I love the V4.0 so far I cant wait to get my MI6 pin pointer.

I too was tired of waiting on the v4 and used the bootleg, figure after I spent $1500 on the detector I can do as I please with it, so I did :). That being said I did see similar results with the crispness in tones as well as quicker button response and a few other things that just feel much better. I reloaded Garys sifter program and ultimate and played a bit with the negative discrimination and the 2.5 reactivity as the programs seemed to run quieter than on v4 than on the v3.2. I love it so far and now am running the released version. I still think it is ridiculous that the consumers cant help with beta testing and some think we are below them simply because we dont carry the "vendor" tag so we are not capable of an opinion or feedback to improve a product. Nice find by the way.

Thanks for the reply,
Yes, I meant negative discrimination sorry about that I will edit the post above as not to confuse new Dues owners. So when I say the yard was hunted out I really do mean hunted out with the previous machines. I have gridded my back yard twice, by putting down rope making sure to cover every inch of ground. This is my back yard so when I had the time and didn't feel like traveling to a detecting spot I would hit the back yard with the grids still in place. I did this for over 2 years so I can say with confidence it was hunted out to the machines best ability.
The Barber quarter was found very close to a large piece of copper that's in the ground, the copper is so large I don't want to dig it out (not lazy it will leave a large divot in the yard) I strongly think the other machine couldn't see the Barber due to masking from the large piece of copper. The Barber was found less than 15 inches from the copper and the soil conditions are remnants of a burn pit or house fire, it seems to be lots of ash and charcoal mixed with regular NY soil so very hard conditions to detect in period for any machine. I got a solid 95 and was using the XY screen and it showed a nice straight line in the non-ferrous range to me indicating silver coin. So I dig my plug and 5-6 inches down pulled out a small square nail. Then look at the bottom of the hole and see the round edge of the Barber about 7-8 inches down. I wish I could convince myself I could have found this target with the other machines that have gone over this spot I just can't see it. The Dues is almost magical as to how it picks targets from iron and bad soil.

Seems I can not edit my post above due to time restrictions.