Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Now these people know how to handle a traffic problem.

signs like that along the expressway but have not in a long time. I guess they would paint two lines on the highway and the aircraft would time the cars driving between them and radio a squad car. Seems like a lot of work and not very effective to me. Been years since I have seen any of those signs

In the '70s I was driving from Nebraska to Virginia on the interstate and passing cars and trucks on an incline (The fact that I was passing anyone should have been a clue!).

The little Ford wagon I drove had slowed down to the speed limit by the time I reached the top of the hill and ahead on the bottom of the hill I saw cars being pulled over.

I thought to myself that it was a good thing I had slowed down before topping the rise where they could see me on their radar.

They pulled me over and the officer told me that I had been doing 72 miles an hour in a 65 zone and he would have to give me a ticket.

I asked how they had gotten that speed as I was only going 65 at the time I saw them and he pointed to a small plane overhead.

He told me that under Ohio law he should arrest me for anything over 70, but he was going to give me a mail in ticket, but to be darned sure I paid it!

I thanked the trooper and mailed in the ticket with a postal money-order the next day in Virginia.

I chalked it up to experience and got on with my life, but I heard of a gent who demanded that the trooper who caught him speeding sign the ticket as perscribed under his states law.

Traffic was stopped on four lanes, the plane landed, ticket signed and the speeder hauled off to jail in handcuffs!

Some folks is "To soon old too late smart!!",

CJ