Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Nox 600 Multi-IQ

KyJoe

The Nox 600 uses 5, 10, and 15 kHz. The 800 also uses 20 and 40 kHz. My question is about the 600 in Multi, does it use 5, 10 15, 20 and 40 kHz same as the 800 or is it just using 5,10 and 15 kHz only?

KyJoe said:
The Nox 600 uses 5, 10, and 15 kHz. The 800 also uses 20 and 40 kHz. My question is about the 600 in Multi, does it use 5, 10 15, 20 and 40 kHz same as the 800 or is it just using 5,10 and 15 kHz only?

The 600 Multi-IQ is the same as the 800.

Yeah I've read it's the same on multi several different places.

Frank in NH said:
Just using 5, 10, 15. That is why the 800 cost more, extra freq.

The Equinox 600 lacks having the 20khz and 40khz for use as a single frequency. In multi-IQ the 600 uses the 20khz and the 40khz, along with the 5khz, 10khz and 15khz, just like the 800. It also lacks the gold prospecting mode.

Thanks for the response. Thinking of trying the 600 because of availability. I mainly hunt relics and old coins, almost no modern trash at my sites. Actually I read Ky has the least amount of naturally occurring gold than any other state. Not much prospecting lol.

Here is the low down on the differences https://www.minelab.com/anz/go-minelabbing/treasure-talk/equinox-600-vs-equinox-800
Laplander

You pay $250 more for the gold modes, headphones and some finer adjustments for things like backlight, tones and swing speed. Otherwise, the hardware is essentially the same. I have the 600 and it's a good machine. The only thing I have missed so far is the adjustable backlighting. The 600's backlight is a bit bright for night, so I have a red filter for it.

Some have said that the 800's top swing speed (which the 600 lacks) may be needed to unmask some objects (top speeds lose some depth, though, so a trade-off). I doubt it makes any practical difference.