Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Nox 600 Question First Time User

metalfun

Hey guys hope this isn't a dumb question but I tried my new 600 out for the first time in my own yard. Hunting in park 1 I had a couple of times I would have a 14,15 vdi but move a little and get a 32-36 jumpy signal but could never get the high tone sig to pinpoint. Has this ever happened to anyone else? I didn't dig the 14 or the high tone.Could this have been a treasure among trash? With my detectors in my past I've never gotton 2 different signals that close together. The 600 would pinpoint on the 14,15 sig. but not on the 32-36 sig. Thanks for all your help.

I would have dug the 14,15 and gotten it out of the way. I would learn just what that scenario likely means the next time. I even do a pinpoint by swing and eye location over the tough signal, and dug that first.

I figure that you had a chunk of can shard though in your case, but I actually dug a silver dime with the NOX within the first days of getting it, and that little spot was way over hunted for years. It showed as a 1-way signal, the kind I am guilty of having passed that signal up with all of my other detectors. I opened up discrimination after the dig and found a swarm of other signals around that dug spot.

Tough call to try to guess what it could have been. 14-15 could likely be a pulltab. If the other signal is DIRECTLY beside, then it could be a rusty bottlecap.