Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Nox 600 what is the best way to use iron bias?

Best way to use is to reduce iron falsing! :rofl:

OK, I know you know that. The way I look at, if I'm getting a lot of false iron hits on a site, I'll raise it. Normally I'll try to run it low until I feel its becoming a problem. Keep in mind that its all trade-offs. Increase it and you'll lose some un-masking ability, keep it low and see coins next to iron much better. Of course, too low and you'll dig a ton of nails, too high you'll miss coins.

Jason in Enid said:
Best way to use is to reduce iron falsing! :rofl:

OK, I know you know that. The way I look at, if I'm getting a lot of false iron hits on a site, I'll raise it. Normally I'll try to run it low until I feel its becoming a problem. Keep in mind that its all trade-offs. Increase it and you'll lose some un-masking ability, keep it low and see coins next to iron much better. Of course, too low and you'll dig a ton of nails, too high you'll miss coins.

This is correct but if on a older site that you have suspicion could hold silver or older indian head cents maybe best to dig a lot of crisp tones that hit both ways if they hit solid one direction and screech and grunt the opposite direction more than likely iron

It may well depend on if you are running AM or a lot of disc as to how effective it works. In AM id say you have to use more than using disc..... just because you are going to get a lot more bounce off that iron.

Find an iron nail where you are detecting or put an iron nail about 5 inches in the ground and put a dime about 7 inches next to it.

Now, if it was me, I'd use Field 2 then tweak your Iron Bias and Recovery Speed and Sensitivity until you get a good hit.

dewcon4414 said:
It may well depend on if you are running AM or a lot of disc as to how effective it works. In AM id say you have to use more than using disc..... just because you are going to get a lot more bounce off that iron.

I didn't know Disc would work in All Metal mode. I think in AM one loses all disc.