Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

nox 800 and "hot rocks"

tommass

On Cape Cod Bay beaches the "hot Rocks" would drive me nuts using the DFX. VDI was 94 and 95. I would reject those numbers but I would probably miss a silver dollar or similar large silver targets. What effect would these have on the nox? Would some "iron bias" setting filter them out or would that be counter productive. I was hopeing that Whites would come out with a waterproof multi freq detector of better design than the BHID 300 with a coil that would not float. Since that won't be happening any time soon, I will purchasing my first Minelab detector when I get my tax return. If I get a tax return.

Hot Rocks are a wrap around issue normally from to much sensitivity/moisture. Salt water can make them LIGHT UP. You would have to find the best way to reduce sensitivity without reducing depth first...... try IB, recovery speed, beach modes with a salt setting..... especially beach 2.... then you sensitivity last if needed. Most of us who used the DFX would disc out those two higher digits....... because you dont loose silver dollars or much else. At this point Whites may have made the better choice of water proofing their TDI..... should have done that several years back.

Another trick that I have used successfully on the ATPro is to locate a "HotRock" and then do a ground balance over the "HotRock" signal.
This works here on Cape Cod, but I never did any testing to see if there would be a loss of depth. It sure does make a day's detecting more enjoyable.