Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Nox 800 coming in the mail.

jkline

It hasn't even arrived yet and I'm feeling a bit of buyer's remorse, especially as my etrac/ctx bring home the bacon.

Was wondering how the transition was for those that added it to their collection, coming from different ML models. It will be weird going back to a a numeric dial again, like I had with my Goldbug Pro.

Hope springs eternal-- that it might make some of my old haunts new again.

Thanks,

My E-trac was stolen in 2016, no detecting for 3 years... just this past March I bought the Equinox800 and only had it two weeks, it's a great machine...but there is just too much involved for me. I had to turn on the Nox, then hold the button and turn on the headphones... very small button and I always hit the wrong one. Pair the headphones to the nox, sometimes it went right away, sometimes it didn't work. then you have to ground balance... I listened to everyone and just detected in Park one stock setting... the machine was so jumpy and chattery I walked right over a huge silver ring the guy behind found, and also missed a 4" 3cent nickel that he also found. I sold the Nox and bought another E-trac...I don't care how heavy it is, how old the technology is, or that it's not waterproof... I grab it, turn it one and start hunting. You already know the E-tracs silver sniffing ability I hope you transition well cause I heard from friends that the Nox 800 is a deep machine on certain things the E-tracs have missed.
take this all not as advice but just the 2 cents from an analog man stuck in a digital world!;) oh and I don't know why all my print is BOLD?????

It hasn't even arrived yet and I'm feeling a bit of buyer's remorse, especially as my etrac/ctx bring home the bacon.

Was wondering how the transition was for those that added it to their collection, coming from different ML models. It will be weird going back to a a numeric dial again, like I had with my Goldbug Pro.

Thanks,
I doubt if you will have buyer's remorse, after you have used it for a while. There is a lot to learn on the Equinox 800, so don't think you're going to get it all figured out in the first couple of days. Pick a nice easy spot on your first day out and run the factory default Park 1 and you will do just fine

I doubt if you will have buyer's remorse, after you have used it for a while. There is a lot to learn on the Equinox 800, so don't think you're going to get it all figured out in the first couple of days. Pick a nice easy spot on your first day out and run the factory default Park 1 and you will do just fine
I don't doubt that you will have buyer remorse...I know you will...
I had the nox 600....WOW !....it is a whole different animal than your fbs machines.....Sold mine and gave the etrac a big ole kiss just for being what it is.
This is not to hinder your decision, just a matter of opinion...I did not gel with a nox at all !
Owned the fbs too long to switch gears and don't care how light the nox is ....I found a zincoln with it was all I ever found in 3 months of on off use.
I found more with a fisher F2 when they came out....sold it too. Tried a cz3d....sold it.
Tell me when your etrac comes up for sell.

Hey! Everyone keep quiet!!!! If he is behind me and fumbling and farting around I can double my intake for a few weeks (or should I just follow him and clean up?). 😂😂😂

Hey! Everyone keep quiet!!!! If he is behind me and fumbling and farting around I can double my intake for a few weeks (or should I just follow him and clean up?). 😂😂😂
The nox works for some and if he gels with it , there will be nothing to clean up after...I would not follow him within throwing distance however.

Thanks,
I ran the sovereign for a very long time however the equinox is just as deep, separates much much better and unmasks a crap load better.
I thought I was gonna have buyers remorse with the equinox however I love it!!!
You have choices to use it just like BBS / FBS machines or you can adjust it sorta like your gold bug pro with fast recovery and higher frequency / frequencies.
This machine isn’t magical and I will never sell the Equinox that way. However with its ability to unmask better, it will find goodies the FBS / BBS machines can’t see due to the very slow recovery. Different technology altogether. Multi-IQ is the future. Many Etrac users have crossed over and many are well pleased. Will you be one of them? Only you can answer. If ( the big IF and a condition) you dedicate the same amount of hours you poured into learning the ETrac and CTX, I believe you will be very happy with it. I have no regrets leaving the sovereign series. ( I will admit, I did at the very beginning of learning the Equinox) but once I learned the machine, my love affair ended with the sovereign. The key with the Equinox: set it up and run it similar to the Etrac. Go slow and listen carefully. The equinox is going to “whisper” hints to you. Most of all learn, grow and have fun with it.

Thanks, Earth. It did take me many, many hours to learn the Etrac, while my kid with an AtPro was running circles around me.

@Elmy-- I hear your words. I do however have different detecting opp's here: water hunting for nuggets and jewelry. With teens who'd rather not hang with the old man, what else am I to do? Well, other than yell at them.

The Equinox in many ways seems to be like the Sovereign series.. either you hate it, or you love it.
I bought a Sovereign back in 2010 after much research, and knew it was going to be different than any other detector I have used.
However, I did not quite know what I was in for during the first few hunts with it.. eventually I got pretty good with it and hunted an old trash filled park and made many great finds with it,
although I never got the depth others claimed to get with theirs.. maybe just me, maybe the ground, who knows, but I really liked the detector for certain conditions.
My buddy bought an Etrac a few years ago and really impressed me with the finds he made with it.
I was thinking about getting one, but having already had the Sovereign, I held off.
When the Equinox came out... all the promotional buzzing sounded too good to me, and I figured it could not be any better than my Sovereign, so I did not have any interest in it.
Later on another member (earthlypotluck), who I know from both of us using the Sovereign bought an Equinox and shortly after started telling me how amazing the detector really is.
Still I held off, but have to admit I was quite intrigued with the success he was having after hunting these same areas with the Sovereign.
I finally decided to sell a couple of detectors I had to thin the herd and bought an Equinox in Oct. 2019... by the end of the year, I had found 11 silver coins with it which amazed me.
Last year I found 76 silver coins and all of these coins came from sites that I have been detecting since I started in 2006.
Now I have never used the ETrac of the CTX, but I have to say for the type of hunting I do, I have never been impressed as much as I have with this one.
Matter of fact, the very first time out with it, I went to an old abandoned house that I have searched for years with many other detectors and even thought the grass was high places, I decided to try it there.
Within the first 10 minutes of using if for the first time out, I got a signal and was quite shocked to even get any signal at much less one as good and clear as this one.
I dug down about 6" in the dry soil and retrieved about a three inch rusty nail.. I searched with my pin pointer and found another target in the hole which turned out to be a 1909 wheat penny... not a super find, but considering this machine was new to me,
the ground as dry, grass was tall, and the signal was so clear, that is what impressed me with this detector.
I found out thereafter that this find was no fluke,.. I was simply amazed at the amount of old coins that gave such great signals in sites that have been hunted heavily with many different detectors.
Did not mean to drag on, but I'm sure by now you realize that I certainly have no regrets in buying the Equinox.
For my type of hunting, it is the perfect machine for me and I love it.
I certainly would have no problem using it right along with someone using and Etrac or a CTX which I am sure are great machines also.. not claiming to be an expert, just expressing how much confidence I have in the Equinox.

The Equinox in many ways seems to be like the Sovereign series.. either you hate it, or you love it.
I bought a Sovereign back in 2010 after much research, and knew it was going to be different than any other detector I have used.
However, I did not quite know what I was in for during the first few hunts with it.. eventually I got pretty good with it and hunted an old trash filled park and made many great finds with it,
although I never got the depth others claimed to get with theirs.. maybe just me, maybe the ground, who knows, but I really liked the detector for certain conditions.
My buddy bought an Etrac a few years ago and really impressed me with the finds he made with it.
I was thinking about getting one, but having already had the Sovereign, I held off.
When the Equinox came out... all the promotional buzzing sounded too good to me, and I figured it could not be any better than my Sovereign, so I did not have any interest in it.
Later on another member (earthlypotluck), who I know from both of us using the Sovereign bought an Equinox and shortly after started telling me how amazing the detector really is.
Still I held off, but have to admit I was quite intrigued with the success he was having after hunting these same areas with the Sovereign.
I finally decided to sell a couple of detectors I had to thin the herd and bought an Equinox in Oct. 2019... by the end of the year, I had found 11 silver coins with it which amazed me.
Last year I found 76 silver coins and all of these coins came from sites that I have been detecting since I started in 2006.
Now I have never used the ETrac of the CTX, but I have to say for the type of hunting I do, I have never been impressed as much as I have with this one.
Matter of fact, the very first time out with it, I went to an old abandoned house that I have searched for years with many other detectors and even thought the grass was high places, I decided to try it there.
Within the first 10 minutes of using if for the first time out, I got a signal and was quite shocked to even get any signal at much less one as good and clear as this one.
I dug down about 6" in the dry soil and retrieved about a three inch rusty nail.. I searched with my pin pointer and found another target in the hole which turned out to be a 1909 wheat penny... not a super find, but considering this machine was new to me,
the ground as dry, grass was tall, and the signal was so clear, that is what impressed me with this detector.
I found out thereafter that this find was no fluke,.. I was simply amazed at the amount of old coins that gave such great signals in sites that have been hunted heavily with many different detectors.
Did not mean to drag on, but I'm sure by now you realize that I certainly have no regrets in buying the Equinox.
I certainly would have no problem using it right along with someone using and Etrac or a CTX which I am sure are great machines also.. not claiming to be an expert, just expressing how much confidence I have in the Equinox.
:clapping:Well said Felix!! You were extremely difficult to convince but the coins don’t lie. Glad you finally came to your senses 🤭

with the etrac now discontinued... the nox would be the best, new tech detector to get as far as minelab detectors. And jkline is near water hunting and nuggets....
All seem to find amazing stuff with it.....Hat's off to all of you nox users .

with the etrac now discontinued... the nox would be the best, new tech detector to get as far as minelab detectors. And jkline is near water hunting and nuggets....
All seem to find amazing stuff with it.....Hat's off to all of you nox users .
I have to admit.... I would still like to try the ETrac, I have heard great things about them.
Personally the CTX is too heavy for my taste and I have no desire to try one.

I have to admit.... I would still like to try the ETrac, I have heard great things about them.
Personally the CTX is too heavy for my taste and I have no desire to try one.
The ctx is better balanced than the etrac so actually the etrac may seem heavier than the ctx and after using the light weight nox .....I would say....no
The etrac would be a very different feel to you.

Thanks,
This is a very interesting post...!
I think fwcrawford made a very well post... It was Long... Almost too long. But...!! But..!!! But..!!
Very interesting and to the point, and his finds with the Equinox-800 are Outstanding..!!

So... To get back to the FIRST and original post from JKLINE who was wondering about buyer's remorse.

If you put in the learning effort... and it won't come overnight... You will find treasure..!!

I agree with Earthlypotluck that the ability to change the speed allows you to tailor the search mode to the site. Where I search there is tins of iron (old German fields used for 1000 years, with WW2 bomb shards to boot). I have seen how I can pull items out that others miss, obviously the tradeoff for speed is depth, but it has not been a problem, and I set it at about 6-7 speed to get the targets. Try changing the speed on some overlapping targets and you will notice the difference.
Here it is not all about depth, but isolating the good targets in a sea of iron crap.

This is a very interesting post...!
I think fwcrawford made a very well post... It was Long... Almost too long. But...!! But..!!! But..!!
Very interesting and to the point, and his finds with the Equinox-800 are Outstanding..!!

So... To get back to the FIRST and original post from JKLINE who was wondering about buyer's remorse.

If you put in the learning effort... and it won't come overnight... You will find treasure..!!
Thanks…. And yes, it was a long post…. I was practicing on my typing skills!!🤣😂