Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Nox 800 on silver

Fishnmaine

I love to get the Nox 800. But After reading allot I read its not the greatest machine on silver. Especially if your cherry picking. Any truth to that? I hate to spend an extra $1500 on a 3030 so I can cherry pick. Thanks

I love to get the Nox 800. But After reading allot I read its not the greatest machine on silver. Especially if your cherry picking. Any truth to that? I hate to spend an extra $1500 on a 3030 so I can cherry pick. Thanks
I am not sure where you heard or read that but it’s absolutely false.
I had my best silver year of hunting in 2020 using the Equinox 800.
With the Equinox you can most certainly “cherry pick” silver with it.
personally, I’d keep the $1500 in my pocket and pick up the Equinox 800. Good luck in your decision.
I’m curious, what kind of detector are you using now ?

Last edited:
I totally agree with EPL!!!
I started detecting in 2006, and bought an Equinox in Oct. 2019.... found 11 silver coins by December, and it only got better this last year.... most silver coins by far I have ever found.
It is very good on silver coins, and unlike the CTX, much lighter allowing longer detecting time.
I’ve been out many days just looking for only silver coins and have not been disappointed.

personally, I’d keep the $1500 in my pocket and pick up the Equinox 800. Good luck in your decision.

Ive been a Whites user for 40 years V3i was my last machine. Stop detecting for 6 years getting back into it. So Minelab will be a new adventure for me. Been reading to much I think lol

Ive been a Whites user for 40 years V3i was my last machine. Stop detecting for 6 years getting back into it. So Minelab will be a new adventure for me. Been reading to much I think lol
Just a little 🤏 🤣. Jk with ya
Good luck in your decision!

I concur with the above statements look at some of the posts on here over the past few years i have been using only the nox and I find plenty 10 big silvers in 2020 with one Morgan!
I like my Nox heck just got my first gold ring of 2021 yesterday then dug a SLQ today same beach!!! I had 178 silvers last year with my Nox it’s a terrific detector...
Mark

If you do get a CTX 3030 you can miss big silver if you have your discrimination pattern set incorrectly. And that can be true with any detector but really easily done with the CTX.
I myself followed a recommendation to discriminate the first line or two in the 30 to 50 zone. I hunted this way with the CTX until just before I sold it.
I believe it was when I received my first equinox and I was doing air test and for some reason I tested large silver on the ctx. I couldn't believe it but it wouldn't detect a silver half.
I forget what mode this is on the CTX but it's for real. If you take the discrimination out of that area I mentioned ( 1 and 2 line - 30-50) it will detect the coin.
The recommendation I received was supposed to prevent the CTX from sounding off on what's known as "wrap around Iron".
DON'T ask where I got the advice, I won't say.
Lesson is to do air test after selecting a discrimination pattern.
With the equinox I don't discriminate, I just adjust the volume for different zones. That's one feature the equinox has that the CTX didn't.

If you do get a CTX 3030 you can miss big silver if you have your discrimination pattern set incorrectly. And that can be true with any detector but really easily done with the CTX.
I myself followed a recommendation to discriminate the first line or two in the 30 to 50 zone. I hunted this way with the CTX until just before I sold it.
I believe it was when I received my first equinox and I was doing air test and for some reason I tested large silver on the ctx. I couldn't believe it but it wouldn't detect a silver half.
I forget what mode this is on the CTX but it's for real. If you take the discrimination out of that area I mentioned ( 1 and 2 line - 30-50) it will detect the coin.
The recommendation I received was supposed to prevent the CTX from sounding off on what's known as "wrap around Iron".
DON'T ask where I got the advice, I won't say.
Lesson is to do air test after selecting a discrimination pattern.
With the equinox I don't discriminate, I just adjust the volume for different zones. That's one feature the equinox has that the CTX didn't.
Good to know Thanks

Been hunting since 1979 I’m on my 20th machine.The nox is by far the best performing MD out there so far.I love the useful updates.I do wish it was more rugged but I put a rubber bumper on the control box and a coil stiffener..

Been hunting since 1979 I’m on my 20th machine.The nox is by far the best performing MD out there so far.I love the useful updates.I do wish it was more rugged but I put a rubber bumper on the control box and a coil stiffener..
Coil stiffener I got that on my list. Not sure what you mean by rubber bumper its purpose is.

I got the coil stiffened with NOX on the front. You can zip tie it to the coil but I made some shims from a plastic container lid a glued it to the bottom so it made contact in the back and front.
I tried another type of stiffener and it didn't come close to making contact.

Coil stiffener I got that on my list. Not sure what you mean by rubber bumper its purpose is.
The rubber bumper is for shock when it hits things.Keep clear film handy for changing screen.The machine has a tendency to tip over as its top heavy.

That’s exactly what I did. I figured if I had both,well let’s just say,there’s not much left.I have an XS and a EX 11.but they are old and processors are slow. The etrac is a great companion to the nox.
I like the etrac but just can't get usto the tones vs the explorer.. For me I prefer just about everything about the explorer over the etrac.

Hey, gonna but in here for a minute. Doesnt a lot of this depend on whether you’re in an area where silver exists to begin with? Watching all the different detector based forums some folks get a lot more silver coins than others using same or similar machines so it has to be location, location, location. Around where I’m from a couple here and a couple there is not uncommon, better luck if you can get permission on private residential rather than public areas. Plus the person using is the other part of the equation. Just my observation.....

Hey, gonna but in here for a minute. Doesnt a lot of this depend on whether you’re in an area where silver exists to begin with? Watching all the different detector based forums some folks get a lot more silver coins than others using same or similar machines so it has to be location, location, location. Around where I’m from a couple here and a couple there is not uncommon, better luck if you can get permission on private residential rather than public areas. Plus the person using is the other part of the equation. Just my observation.....
You make a good point, but make no mistake.... there are still quite a few silver coins on public sites.
I realized this last year after getting the Equinox.... these sites where I found silver coins were all public except for one private yard that gave up a silver quarter.
1 silver coin out of 76 coins I found last year.
And the amazing thing is these sites are still giving up silver this year.
I think a lot has had to do with the Equinox, but a lot has to do with determination and research too.