Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Nox 800 - ORX

Dig2Deep

Any equinox guys have an orx also? I love my equinox and I’m thinking about an orx with an hf coil to hit sites that I have have spent a lot of time on with the equinox. I feel that I’m pretty good with the nox, but have been advised that the HF coil on the XP is great is heavy iron. I don’t want to leave anything behind to be covered by all the construction going on here. I’d love to hear from other equinox users. The price point of the ORX is attractive vs Deus.

I have an equinox 600 as well as an Orx with 9” hi frequency coil and have used both for relic hunting at iron laden colonial and later home sites in fairly mild soil. I find that they compliment each other well. In open fields I prefer the Nox with 11” coil. At homesites I’d say the Nox with 6” coil or Orx with 9” hf when I want to go high freq. I just added a Teknetics g2+ With stock elliptical coil or nel sharpshooter coil but have yet to use it outside due to snow cover. I hope it adds something to hunting experience. I think you will be impressed with the Orx.

Thanks for the info. I kinda thought they would compliment each other well. I feel like the nox will still be my go to in most situations. I’m thinking that the orx with hf will sniff out things mixed in with heavy iron better than the nox. And..... it doesn’t take much of a reason to justify a new machine!