Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Nox 800 out of warranty pod replacement info.

Dan(NM)

I spoke with Martha at Minelab this morning. The reason I called is, my machine is out of warranty and has been replaced three times since I bought it. I wanted to know how much it was going to cost to replace the pod and if the replacement was going to have a warranty. She told me it would cost $350 for a new replacement, or $225 for a refurbished unit. What she meant by refurbished, if someone returned a whole detector because of a faulty coil, shaft etc, they would send out that control pod if there are any available. I am still waiting to hear back from her on the amount of warranty that will come with the replacement pod. She wanted to double check on the amount of time before she gave me an answer. I have her permission to share this information on the internet forums.

I spoke with Martha at Minelab this morning. The reason I called is, my machine is out of warranty and has been replaced three times since I bought it. I wanted to know how much it was going to cost to replace the pod and if the replacement was going to have a warranty. She told me it would cost $350 for a new replacement, or $225 for a refurbished unit. What she meant by refurbished, if someone returned a whole detector because of a faulty coil, shaft etc, they would send out that control pod if there are any available. I am still waiting to hear back from her on the amount of warranty that will come with the replacement pod. She wanted to double check on the amount of time before she gave me an answer. I have her permission to share this information on the internet forums.
If you had 3 replacements shouldn't the replacements have an extended warranty? I just returned my headphones out of warranty they replaced them after I bought the exact same ones online for $50.00 without minilab logo.. so I have a backup
Mark

If you had 3 replacements shouldn't the replacements have an extended warranty? I just returned my headphones out of warranty they replaced them after I bought the exact same ones online for $50.00 without minilab logo.. so I have a backup
Mark
I know your question wasn't to me but I was told by minelab warranty repair that your warranty is up at 3 years from purchase of the detector. This was for the coil but I'm sure it applies to everything.
So my new replacement coil from a couple of months ago only has till November for warranty repair.
They know they have the best technology for now and they aren't concerned about reputation or what's right, IMO.

So if and when the controller fails or breaks they are sealed so we will have to replace the whole controller no repairs .
Mark

That's why I sold mine just before 3 years and bought a new one. got $200 less then the new one, and I have a fresh 3 year warranty.

UPDATE.....If you buy an out of warranty replacement pod, it will carry a 3-year warranty. If you buy the refurbished unit, it will carry a one year warranty. The batteries are $30 and can be purchased through either the repair center or your dealer. You do not have to send in the old battery, but she did recommend that the repair center do the replacement. It wasn't required, only recommended. You cannot buy a replacement pod without sending in a defective unit.

UPDATE.....If you buy an out of warranty replacement pod, it will carry a 3-year warranty. If you buy the refurbished unit, it will carry a one year warranty. The batteries are $30 and can be purchased through either the repair center or your dealer. You do not have to send in the old battery, but she did recommend that the repair center do the replacement. It wasn't required, only recommended. You cannot buy a replacement pod without sending in a defective unit.
Great information you have relayed to us all… a big thanks!!!!👍👍

So if I had my controller replaced under warranty it should carry a 3 year warranty?