Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

NOX 800 update FOR GOLD JEWELRY

romanceferris

I am reading alot of post on the depth improvement and silver. I have yet to read any good reports on gold. More specifically gold jewelry. anyway care to share their experience.

I did a post..... i compared 100 pieces of various gold jewelry.... bands, some with stones, crosses, earrings and small chains. Both programs AIR TESTED almost identical on most of the targets..... except open gold earrings. The old program liked them much better. The test was done in beach 2 with 18 sensitivity and my settings. BUT.... i dont like air tests that much...... a lot changes when the coil hits the salt water. Thou them may have given beach 2 a boost for the wet sand im not finding it improved much in the water..... and im not sure its hitting smaller gold as well. BUT.... beaches will very you conditions maybe better...... its just a little difficult to test the programs without having them both IN the water at the same time over targets.

Dew

After the update I hit this 18k gold chain in a tot lot we've hunted for years. It was about 3" deep in the sand. No clasp and rang out loud and solid.

IMG_4630.jpg

Chain.jpg

Ive got 5 gold chains on the old program.....and I was pretty surprised how much high K gold I was getting. It may just be a location thing as to which works best. U know ....just like machines there seems to be a good fit.

Anyone else want another temporary button to compare these programs over real target?

what settings did you use @dewconn4414. I don't know why I'm soo hesitant on using the update. it's hard for me to wrap around the possibility of them (Minelab) perfecting both silver and gold and coin and depth discrepancies and emi....lol like what?? sounds like a genie moment. lol.. I think I'm just very hopeful that they actually ace the gold jewelry thing.

I will go on a limb and explore the update today possibly..God willing.

The update has improved large coin on edge target signals. There are a few videos on "youtube" where some posters don't like the latest update, but I have seen some from the UK where coins are buried and then tested with two equinox 800 detectors, one updated and the other with the old software, and the updated one is superior to the old one in all respects.

I agree the update has aided me in finding coins on edge in parks that I hunted many times before.

Silly question here...I have a 600. How do you know if it has a new update in it already? Thanks! Ted

Ted S said:
Silly question here...I have a 600. How do you know if it has a new update in it already? Thanks! Ted

I believe that the update is for both the 800 and 600. Just download the update and follow the instructions:

https://www.minelab.com/__files/f/339677/EQUINOX SOFTWARE UPDATE A4 EN