Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Nox 900: User profile button?

KSDfisher77

I'm not trying to be a PITA, but I'm a little lost on the user profile button. I would like to make a custom coin program & save it. I downloaded the manual, but I guess I get lost in the wording. Can I just hold the user profile button in to copy park1 & then make my custom coin program from there. Then how do you save it. Or can I even make a custom coin program & save it? I'm trying to avoid messing up the factory park1 settings. Thanks. Much appreciated.

This how I would like to set the coin program up.
Park1, sens.20, FE4, recovery5, 5tones.
-19 to 24 disc out, Tone break 1, tone volume 5, pitch tone 1,

25 to 30 accepted, tone break 2, tone volume 25, pitch tone 25,

31 to 68 accepted, tone break 3, tone volume 20, pitch tone 10,

69 to 98 accepted, tone break 4, tone volume 25, pitch tone 25,

Notch out 31,32,33.

Do I hold the user profile button & then make all these changes?

Or

Do I make my changes to the factory park1 program & then hold the user profile button.

Thanks all help would be greatly appreciated.

This how I would like to set the coin program up.
Park1, sens.20, FE4, recovery5, 5tones.
-19 to 24 disc out, Tone break 1, tone volume 5, pitch tone 1,

25 to 30 accepted, tone break 2, tone volume 25, pitch tone 25,

31 to 68 accepted, tone break 3, tone volume 20, pitch tone 10,

69 to 98 accepted, tone break 4, tone volume 25, pitch tone 25,

Notch out 31,32,33.

Do I hold the user profile button & then make all these changes?

Or

Do I make my changes to the factory park1 program & then hold the user profile button.

Thanks all help would be greatly appreciated.
Once you put your settings in, press and hold the user profile button in till it beeps. That will be your user profile. Then hit the detect button (search mode ) and that will return you to your last mode, in your case Park 1. Press and hold the detect button down till it resets Park 1 to the original settings. I would not recommend not raising the tone pitch in Bin 2 to 25. It will make every pulltab, beavertail and the like sound like a high conductor. A lot of ear fatigue IMO. If you have the volume in Bin 2 set at 25 and the pitch at default it will do a great job at alerting you to exactly what they are , mid-tones. Good luck. Mark

Once you put your settings in, press and hold the user profile button in till it beeps. That will be your user profile. Then hit the detect button (search mode ) and that will return you to your last mode, in your case Park 1. Press and hold the detect button down till it resets Park 1 to the original settings. I would not recommend not raising the tone pitch in Bin 2 to 25. It will make every pulltab, beavertail and the like sound like a high conductor. A lot of ear fatigue IMO. If you have the volume in Bin 2 set at 25 and the pitch at default it will do a great job at alerting you to exactly what they are , mid-tones. Good luck. Mark
Can I ask you how would you set bin 2 tone pitch up as. How would you do it? Most of all my pull tabs & pop top tabs were in that notched out section of 31,32,33. But occasionally I would get a pop tab VDI/TID of 29,30,31 on deep pop top tabs. I appreciate you helping me out. Thanks.

Can I ask you how would you set bin 2 tone pitch up as. How would you do it? Most of all my pull tabs & pop top tabs were in that notched out section of 31,32,33. But occasionally I would get a pop tab VDI/TID of 29,30,31 on deep pop top tabs. I appreciate you helping me out. Thanks.
KSD as I said I am fine with the default pitch tones. I use the tone breaks and volumes in my settings and they work fine alerting me as to what type of target is under the coil. I also don't notch anything out in my go to mode. Field 2 5 tone Rec.4 Ib 0 I do have a cherry picking program set up in Park 1 but only use it on a manicured lawn or extremely trashy park.
Its almost impossible to weed out pulltabs completely. The 900 does a good job but if you want nickels & rings you will be digging pull tabs. Beavertails will come in anywhere from 22 and up. I've had nickels come in that low and as high as 30. Yesterday at a city park all but 2 of my mid-tones were beavertails, pulltabs and drink tops. I have only had my 900 out maybe 50 times and still dig signals in the 30s-4-0s, not all but the interesting ones. But after almost 5 years with 800 I've learned many of the cool finds come in with the off numbers.
To learn the 900 I would recommend starting in Park 1 default. Adjust the recovery speed and iron bias as needed. Just my 2 cents. Good luck. Mark

KSD as I said I am fine with the default pitch tones. I use the tone breaks and volumes in my settings and they work fine alerting me as to what type of target is under the coil. I also don't notch anything out in my go to mode. Field 2 5 tone Rec.4 Ib 0 I do have a cherry picking program set up in Park 1 but only use it on a manicured lawn or extremely trashy park.
Its almost impossible to weed out pulltabs completely. The 900 does a good job but if you want nickels & rings you will be digging pull tabs. Beavertails will come in anywhere from 22 and up. I've had nickels come in that low and as high as 30. Yesterday at a city park all but 2 of my mid-tones were beavertails, pulltabs and drink tops. I have only had my 900 out maybe 50 times and still dig signals in the 30s-4-0s, not all but the interesting ones. But after almost 5 years with 800 I've learned many of the cool finds come in with the off numbers.
To learn the 900 I would recommend starting in Park 1 default. Adjust the recovery speed and iron bias as needed. Just my 2 cents. Good luck. Mark
Yeah I set the pull tab/nickle region up at volume 15 pitch tone 15 instead of 25 & 25. Lmao I hope better days to come, I dug soo many pull tabs & pop top tabs & can slaw to have my fair share of that for awhile. Lol it was soo bad, I started a equinox 900 pull tab score/practice cards.🤣😂🤣
20230607_111639.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah I set the pull tab/nickle region up at volume 15 pitch tone 15 instead of 25 & 25. Lmao I hope better days to come, I dug soo many pull tabs & pop top tabs & can slaw to have my fair share of that for awhile. Lol it was soo bad, I started a equinox 900 pull tab score/practice cards.🤣😂🤣 View attachment 41636
Interesting test sample you have there.
I found a gold wedding band a couple weeks ago with the 900 and it read about where a nickel reads… 28/29/30 as I recall.
I checked it on my 800 when I got home and it read 13/14.
When looking for nickels, I rarely dig if I see 13/14 come up as it is usually not a nickel.
I will admit this was an eye opener and if I had been using my 800, I think I would have passed on this signal
Being new to the 900 and the scaling, that is why I dug the ring thinking it could be a nickel.
Like Mark stated above, to find gold, you are going to have to also dig lots of pulltabs.
After over three years with the 800, I have gotten pretty good at determining nickels from tabs, but still get fooled at times… just part of the game.

I'm not trying to be a PITA, but I'm a little lost on the user profile button. I would like to make a custom coin program & save it. I downloaded the manual, but I guess I get lost in the wording. Can I just hold the user profile button in to copy park1 & then make my custom coin program from there. Then how do you save it. Or can I even make a custom coin program & save it? I'm trying to avoid messing up the factory park1 settings. Thanks. Much appreciated.
Here’s how I did it on my Nox 900.
I wanted to set up Mental Metal's coin program on my 900. Look for his channel on YouTube. A total of 8 custom programs can be stored on the 900. One each on Park 1, Park 2, Field 1, Field 2, Beach 1, Beach 2, Gold 1, and Gold 2. I chose to start in Park 1. Put your machine in detect mode in Park 1 and long press the user profile button. That's the lower of the two buttons on the right side of the control box. Make sure that you see the user profile icon in the upper right corner of the screen (P. 8, item 10). What you've done is clone Park 1 in the user profile setting. Now you can make changes to any local setting (P.16) while in user profile mode that you want to and it will automatically be saved. That's it, you're done. You can now toggle between your custom user profile and Park 1 by a short press of the user profile button. You can make custom user profiles for the remainder of the search modes for a total of eight.

Here’s how I did it on my Nox 900.
I wanted to set up Mental Metal's coin program on my 900. Look for his channel on YouTube. A total of 8 custom programs can be stored on the 900. One each on Park 1, Park 2, Field 1, Field 2, Beach 1, Beach 2, Gold 1, and Gold 2. I chose to start in Park 1. Put your machine in detect mode in Park 1 and long press the user profile button. That's the lower of the two buttons on the right side of the control box. Make sure that you see the user profile icon in the upper right corner of the screen (P. 8, item 10). What you've done is clone Park 1 in the user profile setting. Now you can make changes to any local setting (P.16) while in user profile mode that you want to and it will automatically be saved. That's it, you're done. You can now toggle between your custom user profile and Park 1 by a short press of the user profile button. You can make custom user profiles for the remainder of the search modes for a total of eight.
Thanks I appreciate it. I used his program as well.