Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Nox ctx hunt

sube

Jt40Vvy.jpg
[/img] Well I went where I had dug some deeper coins in the past talk about some pitted Penny's anyhow most of the Penny's are from 1911 to 1918 with a pitted 12d 1 Indian 1907 all the coins came in at 8 to 9 inches proves to me the nox can hunt deep .

I check each coin with the ctx the ctx id was spot on there were 3 coins that the ctx ID as iron could not get a sound on them but target trace was showing them anywhere from 35 to 41 with iron bouncing on the right side of the screen also that 47 Roosevelt was at 4 inches deep ctx did not make a squeak but target trace showed it as a 12.40 with iron bouncing on the right side.

I ran in park one 5 tone factory settings changed iron bias to 2 I set my tones at 1 for iron 0 for audio -9 to 10 11 to 13 tone at 25 audio maxed 14 to 18 audio 0 1 for tone 19 to 40 tone at 25 audio maxed

This sure made it run quite except for all the short pops from stuff trying to sneak in at the tone break but it was easier to hear the high kind of nice to run in all metal with nothing disc out but what you don't want to hear .

Now signals that gave me good #s say 21 to 25 if they spit or pop they were iron if I got a coin signal smooth longer signal it was a coin or a non-ferrous item things that stuttered or gave 3 or 4 quick chirps were also iron as long as the #s were in the range and it was a smooth signal it was non-ferrous.

Using the 800 and the ctx at the same time the ctx is so much refined compared to the nox which is how should I say it raw but it did light up 3 targets audio wise that the ctx did not I can see the nox has a learning curve . I did get 3 nickels 1940d being the oldest . sube

Good report, sube.

Depth is NOT a problem, with the Equinox, I agree, AND, it seeing some targets the CTX really doesn't is ALSO not a surprise. In my mind, there's a place in the arsenal for both of these units, they are both VERY good machines. Keep your reports coming, sube!

Steve

I think you term raw compared to refined said it very well about these two machines.

Good hunt and report Sube..
If I read your settings correctly it looks like you have ID 18 audio volume at 0??
Better open 18 up. I have had Indian ahead cents bounce down and touch 18..
I also just found a 1910 Gold Half Eagle the other day that rang up 18-19...
Thought I was chasing a deep IHP or early Wheat.. About fell over when I saw it was a different type of Indian..

Bryan

Bryan V said:
Good hunt and report Sube..
If I read your settings correctly it looks like you have ID 18 audio volume at 0??
Better open 18 up. I have had Indian ahead cents bounce down and touch 18..
I also just found a 1910 Gold Half Eagle the other day that rang up 18-19...
Thought I was chasing a deep IHP or early Wheat.. About fell over when I saw it was a different type of Indian..

Bryan

I tested a lot of Indians most were 20 and a few at 19 and 21 but as you say 18 might happen in the ground I know if iron is over a indian it can run down to 14 so where's the cut off I get a lot of bottle caps at 18 and some pull tabs soooo ? that is why I set it there .

And a great :drool::surprised:on the gold half dollar . sube

Good stuff here sube - thanks.

Rich (Utah)