Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Nox separation video

sube

I talk about this in April on this forum not much talk about it so i made a video . Seen to many videos of false information leading to how good it separates or any machine . Once we get to 5 inches separation is gone the coil is seeing 2 targets and not one it has to pick one target or a combination of the two but the ctx well see both but id well be wrong but well tell you there are two there video later on that should of included it but forgot .

I have had the ctx since release and one of the first to get the nox .The nox is a game changer for people that have not enjoyed using a minelab before but has not help me in the areas i hunt . I like the nox but it's not a silver slayer like explore e-trac or ctx it has to do with the frequencys it uses the freqs are to high compared to the fbs detectors one detector can't do it all just as the ctx is weak on nickels and small gold . The nox is weak on silver when trash is introduced and the ctx is weak on nickels with trash no trash with targets both good on there weak signals. sube

Nice vid content, sube.
I'm seeing the same thing in my area.
As we've seen and said many times, it's easy to go out and test your detector's settings for yourself .... in your ground.
You don't have to blindly follow someone else's recommendations for settings / technique.

Around here, the ridiculous drought temps have just broken .... so once the rains hit (they're late this year) maybe I can get back out without using a pick-axe, LOL.
Take care, and HH,
:)
mike

Interesting.. this could go along way to explain why I’ve had much better results with 5 kHz over multi when farm field hunting and also why Ive never dug deep coins with the nox at this same site.. I have found some cool shallow stuff that I believe the nox had the advantage on... I’ve also realized my Indian head numbers could suffer due to junk reading in same range and also the condensed TID scale of the Nox... very interesting video..

Interesting.. this could go along way to explain why I’ve had much better results with 5 kHz over multi when farm field hunting and also why Ive never dug deep coins with the nox at this same site.. I have found some cool shallow stuff that I believe the nox had the advantage on... I’ve also realized my Indian head numbers could suffer due to junk reading in same range and also the condensed TID scale of the Nox... very interesting video..
Well the nox is just as deep as the ctx but add any type of thrash to that signal and the nox well suffer. Another thing i don't understand is in the tab over dime all the single freqs read higher than muti even 40 hrz is higher if i had more freqs to choose say 80hrz i think that would be in the 14 to 15 id area .So what is it running at it surly ids the tab correct with that high conductor. sube

Well the nox is just as deep as the ctx but add any type of thrash to that signal and the nox well suffer. Another thing i don't understand is in the tab over dime all the single freqs read higher than muti even 40 hrz is higher if i had more freqs to choose say 80hrz i think that would be in the 14 to 15 id area .So what is it running at it surly ids the tab correct with that high conductor. sube
I’ve recently been cherry picking an athletic field where aluminum debris is definitely a factor and it’s the 1st time really felt confident hunting in multi..the TID numbers I got were very similar to what I would have gotten in 5khz .. I had everything below 19 notched out..I got a fair amount 20s but everything else 24 or above was coinage but nothing very old except for a silver Rosie I got bout 6” deep which is only my 2Nd silver coin out of that spot in many years of hunting it.. I’m gonna try that pull tab over the silver dime experiment with lower numbers notched out just to see if it makes any difference which it probably won’t..

Have you tried hunting with no discrimination with the Nox?
Mark

Last edited:
I talk about this in April on this forum not much talk about it so i made a video . Seen to many videos of false information leading to how good it separates or any machine . Once we get to 5 inches separation is gone the coil is seeing 2 targets and not one it has to pick one target or a combination of the two but the ctx well see both but id well be wrong but well tell you there are two there video later on that should of included it but forgot .

I have had the ctx since release and one of the first to get the nox .The nox is a game changer for people that have not enjoyed using a minelab before but has not help me in the areas i hunt . I like the nox but it's not a silver slayer like explore e-trac or ctx it has to do with the frequencys it uses the freqs are to high compared to the fbs detectors one detector can't do it all just as the ctx is weak on nickels and small gold . The nox is weak on silver when trash is introduced and the ctx is weak on nickels with trash no trash with targets both good on there weak signals. sube
Sube, very good video, thank you for taking the time to demonstrate the 4 kHz vs multi and showing those results on your CTX.
Definitely the display screen of the CTX shows multi targets under the coil and gives the iron splat across the screen, all good info to have.
In the few times I used the 4 kHz I realized its a coin stabber. I was able to find three different multi coin spills, one of them multi didn’t report on at all. Makes me wonder just how much we are missing.
I have also picked out coins with all kinds of trash in the hole and I like that plenty. You are right Ion finding more junk items in 4 kHz.
So 4 kHz does eliminate some trash but not enough, I get it.
So thanks again for your clarity in this crazy hobby.
Tony

Sube, very good video, thank you for taking the time to demonstrate the 4 kHz vs multi and showing those results on your CTX.
Definitely the display screen of the CTX shows multi targets under the coil and gives the iron splat across the screen, all good info to have.
In the few times I used the 4 kHz I realized its a coin stabber. I was able to find three different multi coin spills, one of them multi didn’t report on at all. Makes me wonder just how much we are missing.
I have also picked out coins with all kinds of trash in the hole and I like that plenty. You are right Ion finding more junk items in 4 kHz.
So 4 kHz does eliminate some trash but not enough, I get it.
So thanks again for your clarity in this crazy hobby.
Tony
Sube, one more thing in my opinion
4 kHz almost eliminates the nickel signal when there are other coins with it like in the coin spills I found - no low tone only high
Tony