Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

NOX truns on/off on/off ...

Trailduster

I was hunting a for a few hours the other day and near the end of my day my 600 started turning on/off/on/off/on/off in a repeat cycle.
It would turn off, come on, cycle the horizontal dashes a few times, run as normal for about one to two minutes, then repeat the glitch.

battery was still on two bars.

I did a factory reset and that seemed to stop it from doing that, at the cost of my settings which had been real dialed in the past 3 months. (booooooooo hissssssss)

Has anyone had this happen before?
Is it something I should worry about will spiral into a worse condition?

Purchased August 2018.

I was hunting a for a few hours the other day and near the end of my day my 600 started turning on/off/on/off/on/off in a repeat cycle.
It would turn off, come on, cycle the horizontal dashes a few times, run as normal for about one to two minutes, then repeat the glitch.

I did a factory reset and that seemed to stop it from doing that, at the cost of my settings which had been real dialed in the past 3 months. (booooooooo hissssssss)

Purchased August 2018.

Were you hunting in water?

I've never had that happen, and it's interesting that a reset has (at least for now) cured the problem.
Any possibility you zapped it with static electricity when getting out of your car/truck?

If it returns, I'd definitely call Minelab.
If not, :shrug:

No water, no static. I was in the woods for a few hours before it happened. I have a cover over the computer too so static shouldn't be an issue.

Went out today for a few hours again and no issues.

I guess time will tell.

Purchased August 2018.
Funny thing happened with my Nox 600 today..! But not like your problem. I was pin pointing a target, and when I pulled it away from the ground, it maxed out on volume... Screaming. I held it straight up in the air over my head and it wouldn't stop screaming..! Strange..!!

Way back in the spring of 2018 - two years ago...

A half an hour into my second salt water hunt, while digging a target the Equinox’s audio went wild, multiple beeps of different tones and would not stop. I saw the Cd error code, powered the unit OFF and went back to the car where I dried it off. Checked both the connectors for water, they were perfectly dry. I turned the Equinox back ON and got the Cd error again. Then I could not turn the detector OFF. I tried holding the power switch down for 8 second for a factory reset, no help. I headed straight to my dealer. On the 8 mile ride the detector first kept cycling and giving the Cd error, about half way it stopped and then 3 miles later it started to cycle again. This time the error was FP. FP is not listed as an Error code in the manual.

At the dealer’s shop the Equinox kept cycling, stopping with a FP error for a minute or so. We tried my coil on an Equinox 600 with no problems. We then connected the 600’s coil to my control panel with no difference between the two coils. I left and at home I connected my Equinox 800 to the charger. The green light was on solid in about 3 minutes it started to flicker – not a normal blinking. Another two minutes and the green light went completely OFF. Another two minutes and it the green light started to blink as if the detector was charging. Note: the detector was in use for only 30 minutes since it had been fully charged.

About 20 minutes into the charge the FP error message disappeared and the unit remained charging as the green light was still blinking. Between an hour and a half and two hours of charging the green light stopped flashing. I disconnected the charger and tried to turn the detector ON, no sign of life at all.

I called Minelab Monday left message 4/30 at 5:35pm. An E-mail reply with Two Day UPS call tag came on 5/1 in time for me to ship the Equinox back on Tuesday. The unit was received at Minelab in Naperville, Illinois -not the PA repair center! One day for Minelab process the failed unit and ship it back by Ground UPS which took 5 days. Yes, in 8 days I was back in the water. I could not believe that the replacement detector along with a new Good Luck Charm from a fellow detectorist lead me to a faint signal reading 4 on the display. I could not believe it I have read of the Equinox’s ability to find gold chains, well IT DID. A beautiful 14K 27gr bracelet. Equinox is now paid for and in less than 3 hours of detecting in salt water and two trips to Minelab. The first trip back was for the shaft slop.

Two problems, two rapid fixes, three hours of detecting and I am almost a believer that the Equinox will obsolete some of my other detectors. But each detector I have has its own special use so no commitment to sell is still many hours of detecting with the Equinox away.

Two thumbs up for the Equinox and Minelab!

I have to add that the 800 went back a third time for the leaking of water into the front screen. Since mid 2018 and after the third return of one of the first production units I have not experienced any problems with the detector. I chalked it all up to infantile mortality. Now I would not trade the unit I have for another.

WW , All those early problems would have tied my guts into knots. Im sure things turned out for the the best. And you giving the Nox a high five carrys a lot of weight for many.
One thing about bracelets, I've found them with practicaly with every machine I've hunted. ( Tho not many and mostly Silver) I'm thinking their hard to come up with cause mainly their just scarce.
Course what do I know, maybe I walked over a lot more.

Mine just stopped working after I went to throw a banana peel out my passenger window that hit the power button would not turn on I just sent it back in 2019 they sent a brand new head unit in like 6 days..

When I found the bracelet I was comparing 3 detectors; the 800, Excalibur and ATX. The Excalibur did not respond, the ATX gave a choppy signal, but the 800 was a solid signal. I do not use the display very often as most of my detectors do not have a display. But with the new 800 I was checking all signal with the 3 machines. Later I hit a coin spill. Excalibur gave a "soda can" signal, the ATX a "large" target but with the 800 I could distinguish 5 signals - 4 coins and a piece of iron. All hunting was in salt water approx. 2-3 feet deep. But this was at one beach. I have a favorite detector for each beach environment I hunt. I.e. desired target, soft deep sand, black sand, large rocks, hot rocks, trash and the like are all taken into account for the detector / coil I choose to use.
I am heading out right now to a remote, unpopulated beach which I believe to be virus free. No one but myself will be in the water today during my 4 hour exercise. Not even a shark will be around. The state beaches are close, but private areas are no problem at this time. Stay well and be safe, I plan to be.

That's a lot of good and bad luck with the Equinox, their turn around has been good.
HH Jeff