Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Nox Wireless Headphones

unearth

I need some help, if there is any available, with the wireless headphones. I'm using five tones with my 800 and the wireless headphones that came with my 800 are really terrible sounding. The highs are ok, but the the lows are very muddled and or soft, muted. I've tried setting the volume up which only makes the lows sound like I'm in an echo chamber. Setting the volume down is no help either. I've tried changing the tone levels on each of the five tones areas, again to no avail. I just cannot get rid of the low 'bass' echo sound. Any help will be appreciated. If this is the best the Minelab headphones can get, I'll have to go another route. I'm using my Pro Golds with the WM08 and the sound is very good, highs and lows with no echo, but I would rather be completely wireless.

Have you tried you threhold level? Phones are a personal thing based on our hearing. My wireless phones suit me well...... louder than the phones i have attached and good tones to me..... but thats my hearing ..... im an ole guy maybe thats why lol. Id be tempted to use these wired in the water....... cheaper to replace than most phones when they go south out there. The threhold ..... target pitch.....tone volume... and volume is what you have to play with.

dewcon4414 said:
Have you tried you threhold level? Phones are a personal thing based on our hearing. My wireless phones suit me well...... louder than the phones i have attached and good tones to me..... but thats my hearing ..... im an ole guy maybe thats why lol. Id be tempted to use these wired in the water....... cheaper to replace than most phones when they go south out there. The threhold ..... target pitch.....tone volume... and volume is what you have to play with.

I've tried all the settings you mentioned, none have helped. Still I get the blurry, soft muted sound. I guess no one else has this problem since you're the only one who has commented on this post. Maybe the headset is bad? Time to give Minelab a call I guess. Thanks for the comment.

unearth said:

I've tried all the settings you mentioned, none have helped. Still I get the blurry, soft muted sound. I guess no one else has this problem since you're the only one who has commented on this post. Maybe the headset is bad? Time to give Minelab a call I guess. Thanks for the comment.
. Mine sounded the same way, I ditchef them and went with the WM 08 and my wired headphones. My Killer Bees have a much crisper, sharper sound to them than the wireless.

Dan(NM) said:

I've tried all the settings you mentioned, none have helped. Still I get the blurry, soft muted sound. I guess no one else has this problem since you're the only one who has commented on this post. Maybe the headset is bad? Time to give Minelab a call I guess. Thanks for the comment.. Mine sounded the same way, I ditchef them and went with the WM 08 and my wired headphones. My Killer Bees have a much crisper, sharper sound to them than the wireless.

Dan, thanks for the reply. I thought I was the only one with the problem. Same with me, my Pro Golds with the WM08 have a much crisper, sharper sound to them also. So, maybe it's not the headphone that's the problem, maybe it's just our ears:shrug:

Dan, thanks for the reply. I thought I was the only one with the problem. Same with me, my Pro Golds with the WM08 have a much crisper, sharper sound to them also. So, maybe it's not the headphone that's the problem, maybe it's just our ears:shrug:[/quote]

Well, I have been accused by the Mrs for not hearing what she says :) So, I'd be inclined to agree with ya!

sgoss66 said:
"Selective" hearing loss, Dan?

I thought ALL men become afflicted with that disease, usually after several years of marriage... LOL!

Steve

ADHD I'm sure :)

I’ve noticed that APTX LOW LATENCY Headphones come in two versions, 4.1 and 4.2. Is their any advantage to either version?

I'm the opposite, love the ML80 wireless headphones, and just sold off my Sunray Gold Pros (too tinny sounding), but hearing is different for each person, so you'll have to figure out what works best for you.

You could have a bad set of headphones, anyone in your area have an Equinox? Perhaps you could try their headphones to verify?

Cal_Cobra said:
I'm the opposite, love the ML80 wireless headphones, and just sold off my Sunray Gold Pros (too tinny sounding), but hearing is different for each person, so you'll have to figure out what works best for you.

You could have a bad set of headphones, anyone in your area have an Equinox? Perhaps you could try their headphones to verify?

Yes, a friend of mine has a Nox 800 and his headphones sound as terrible as mine. Must be the way they were designed. Way too much bass. Blurry sounding.

I have not tried mine but it seems the factory speaker is not that crisp either maybe me but compared to
My Deus it sounds bad!??

I don't think it's our ears. Mine sound crappy too. I am using an adapter with the WM08 and my Killer Bees. The Killer Bees sound much better, that is, when they aren't cutting out from the poor connection with the adapter.

G2M