Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Nox's love affair with nails?

aproc123 said:
Dropped sensitivity bumped bias up to 2 and focused on the signals that repeated at 90 degrees. Very few nails, IHP, navy button, Buffalo, 2 nickels, some brass pieces. All fairly deep and gave clean audio. Thanks for the pointers.

You’re on it Aproc. When you’re talking about coin and button sized targets,those are relatively big and what these machines are good at finding....most all machines. Coins are of a specific makeup,a specific nice round shape...as well as most buttons...those are easy for the machine to see without having to have the sense pegged. Certain people say they run machines “wide open” sens maxed out and that’s what they do. I’m not quite sure how. Sens should always be set for the conditions and targets/depth expected.
Have you read Sergeis site? I don’t think I can link it but search Sergei Metal Detecting and you’ll find it. Great stuff from a really dedicated and intensely detailed hunter.

IDXMonster said:
Have you read Sergeis site? I don’t think I can link it but search Sergei Metal Detecting and you’ll find it. Great stuff from a really dedicated and intensely detailed hunter.

It is Serge. I have been reading his stuff for years and there is some good stuff. Due to his finical situation he has not been able to buy and or review some of the more current machines so some of his info is unfortunately getting dated.

I’ll check his site out. The IHP I dug was 4 bars in depth meter, blaring audio, 18-19-20 numbers, but was pin pointer deep. With my explorer I don’t believe my audio would have been so strong, more modulated. I think that was the ah-ha moment, quit chasing the quiet chirps and squeaks, dig the tones that are crisp and defined, at least for now.

IDX Monster nailed it (pun intended).

Even when the target is deep enough for the modulation to kick in the signal is still a definite "dig me" signal. The modulated audio, to my ears, just seems to be a bit softer (lower volume) but the clear defined tones remain.

Dean