Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Numbers don't show-up!

TallTexan

Hi, I just recently bought a used CTX 3030 and have the following issue: Sometimes ( not all the time ) I get a good audio signal without the corresponding FE-CO numbers showing up until I stop swinging the coil. Am I in some kind of program with unusual settings that would cause this, or is something wrong with the detector? Like I said, I get a good audio response and have read the manual numerous times trying to figure this out. Thanks to all who reply.......

In situations like this...where the detector seems to act a little squirrely...I'd just do a factory reset.

It's on page 50 of the manual. Do the Reset All.

Here's a brief breakdown:
Open the Reset Quick Menu

1. With the detector switched off, press and hold the power button. The detector will power up and play the startup tune.

2. Keep holding the button until you hear a low tonal sound, and then release the button. The Reset menu will be displayed with the following options:

• Reset GeoStore

• Reset Settings

• Reset All

• Language

3. Use the arrow buttons to highlight the option you require and press Select.

(I always do a Reset All when I pick up a used machine.)
Hope this helps!

:)
mike

Last edited:
Mine does the same thing.
I just stop the coil off to the side of the target.

TT,
I suppose it's also possible you're swinging the coil too fast for the display software to keep up.
A lot of people do swing the coil as if they're using a weedeater.
If you slow down, you can hear the faint/deep signals better.

Last edited:
In situations like this...where the detector seems to act a little squirrely...I'd just do a factory reset.

It's on page 50 of the manual. Do the Reset All.

Here's a brief breakdown:
Open the Reset Quick Menu

1. With the detector switched off, press and hold the power button. The detector will power up and play the startup tune.

2. Keep holding the button until you hear a low tonal sound, and then release the button. The Reset menu will be displayed with the following options:

• Reset GeoStore

• Reset Settings

• Reset All

• Language

3. Use the arrow buttons to highlight the option you require and press Select.

(I always do a Reset All when I pick up a used machine.)
Hope this helps!

:)
mike
Thanks for the info, I will give this a shot :)

TT,
I suppose it's also possible you're swinging the coil too fast for the display software to keep up.
A lot of people do swing the coil as if they're using a weedeater.
If you slow down, you can hear the faint/deep signals better.
Hi, I have no trouble hearing the target, just seeing the ID numbers. I don't swing the coil fast in fact, a medium to slow swing is what I use. Thanks for the reply!

Mine does the same thing.
I just stop the coil off to the side of the target.
HI, yeah when my coil comes to a complete stop, then the ID numbers show up! I would like to just continue swinging and walking without having to stop and see if the numbers are going to be good or not! Thanks for the reply......

Yall are lucky. I get a read out but have been fighting for over a year with the damn thing not giving me a tone. Am currently working directly with ML for a solution:Di hope.

HI, yeah when my coil comes to a complete stop, then the ID numbers show up! I would like to just continue swinging and walking without having to stop and see if the numbers are going to be good or not! Thanks for the reply......
Thats just not going to happen with this machine. Its much worse if your using in trashy spots. You have to use a small coil and take baby steps to get the slow processer time to catch up. Forget about a reset. Slow processing is just part of the 3030s dynamic. Its forte is identifying objects buried deep in cleaner areas.

Too tight a pattern will contribute to this….LARGE objects will contribute to this.

I use AndyS and will flip to an open screen--

It is what it is.... I just move the coil to a different target then bring it back to what I'm interested in.