Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

O.K. Here's a question for the V3i people who also use the MXT...

Horsesoldier

...does the MXT program simulate the standard MXT or the new pro?

I haven't sent my V3 in for the update yet but did try to program it based on the info in the new V3i manual. Didn't sound like the MXT at all. Comments?

Thanks.

I have not tried the MXT program, but the program for the V3i was made before the MXT Pro came out. The only difference with the Pro is the Backlight that the V series has, a 7 segment Tone ID and a Ground Balance (Grab) button.

The MXT is what it is, a great detector. The program is not going to make the V3 an MXT. I gets the gain, and RD etc. more in the ball park, that's about the extent of the program. The MXT runs a unique mixed mode all it's own. Rob

...for MXT users so they could get used to the V3i. If you actually look at the configuration of the program, it is not very "hot" in its programming. One could tweak it for sure. But, in the long run, I did not buy the V3i to mimic the MXT.

The MXT program in the library on the V3i will never replace the genuine MXT in my opinion. It's a horse of a different color. I've tried it and didn't care for it at all.