Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

O-ring kit for Blue Excaliburs?

Cameraniac

Are there o-ring kits available anywhere for the Blue Excalibur? Just got one and would like to replace the o-rings and maybe the knobs, too, if these won't tighten up.

Thanks - Daddy

look over on the modifications forum.. .. but they are cheap if you buy them a Mcmastercarr and all you need are the endcap orings and the top orings on the knob shafts, may run you 15 for a lifetimes supply

OldBeechnut said:
look over on the modifications forum.. .. but they are cheap if you buy them a Mcmastercarr and all you need are the endcap orings and the top orings on the knob shafts, may run you 15 for a lifetimes supply

Thanks, I will explore both options.

Are you based in Fl., Beechnut? If you do not want to say, here, I sent you an email earlier today, asking about the kits ....

I think you will find the O-ring information here: http://www.findmall.com/read.php?22,1437544,1437544#msg-1437544

Check the mud_diver post in the thread for the end cap O-ring dimensions.

Oh and OBN, you are just killing it. I think you've got 8 gold rings since the last time I was in the water and got a lonely silver ring. I'm hoping to find more water time at retirement. Hoping just another couple years will get me there!
Cheers,
tvr

Thank you, tvr. Was searching but hadn't found anything, yet.

Around Baltimore...

tvr said:
I think you will find the O-ring information here: http://www.findmall.com/read.php?22,1437544,1437544#msg-1437544

Check the mud_diver post in the thread for the end cap O-ring dimensions.

Oh and OBN, you are just killing it. I think you've got 8 gold rings since the last time I was in the water and got a lonely silver ring. I'm hoping to find more water time at retirement. Hoping just another couple years will get me there!
Cheers,
tvr

Thanks TVR...The secret is the Excalibur, with the remote PP, and the skullie tubes... low spots.. and a beach with a history.. very simple...

You forgot to mention time in the water and a hunting buddy Joe. Those can really factor in when it comes to finds. Timing is everything......... so you have to be in the water. A hunting buddy can really motivate you and help keep your concentration up. Not to mention, its nice at the end of the day to have someone around that gets as excited as you do about all those gold rings.

Dew

Yes, Dew very correct... And yes about the hunting partner.. I wish I could find a lady friend that felt the same about the hobby as me... .. we would be fighting over the low spots, where we are going next and who had the best find..

. ..now that I'm thinking about it.. maybe not.