Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Oak island that Gary sure knows how to run that CTX.Must be good machine.

Now this is not a metal detecting show, it is a treasure hunting show. Gary doesn't use headphones for the show. They do have permits for all the digging they do and they do own the land. So I don't see why he would use a little 6" flower pot shovel to dig a 3 sided hinged plug in ground that is not a beautiful well maintained lawn. For the most part I see him detecting sandy rocky beaches and checking dirt remove by a backhoe or some other kind of large digging machine.

Something for sure went on, on Oak Island and they went to a lot of trouble to hide something over 100ft under ground several hundreds of years ago. I was reading about this island and the treasure long before the show came about.

I for one believe they are looking for a treasure and making a show to help pay for some of the work going on there.

Ron in WV

Personally I believe they are milking this show...so many people are hooked... I know it is TV...but Gary who is a “professional “? Doesn’t wear headphones. And using a shovel? Not very careful of the target... it any of us hunted with a shovel we would be thrown out before turning the Machine on... needless to say I am not to fond of Gary....or the Narrator of the show. Just my opinion.
Ron J :usaflag:

I agree! Gary has money & he's been detecting for a long time so well known ; therefore, fits right in with this treasure hunting program! I am sure many others are well known, too, many more than him but too time consuming for them! I watched until I realized nothing will be found & could be just a place to bury their dead while travelling in ships from all the small pieces of ancient trash found in the bore hole! Don't watch it now BUT they are still tempting viewers by supposedly finding an interesting thing or two & advertising as TREASURE Found! I feel sorry for the brothers But is probably a MONEY MAKER for them! My opinions! I hope & pray after all the time & expense of searching that they will find the TREASURE supposedly hidden there! Amen! Ma

What I think is strange is that Gary starts detecting after 2 minutes he finds something, and then they quit detecting to look at a rusty nail.

And like all "Reality" shows that one is as fake as a three dollar bill. In five years they have found nothing that would make me believe otherwise. Reality shows are cheap to make and make millions on advertising.