Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Oak island that Gary sure knows how to run that CTX.Must be good machine.

Ok.just wondered .. I was under the impression the location was well known. Even documented..

Yep I agree. Their playing the public viewers for the revenue.........

Its a "Reality" show just like Pickers, storage wars, and others. There is just a teeny bit of truth involved (MAYBE) but the vast majority is completely scripted. They will milk the show for all its worth and then it will fade away. Reality shows are very cheap to make and because people watch them advertisers will pay good money to get their name on them.

I bet who ever produces that show and the key players are making money...... when it gets cancelled for poor ratings ..Poof it's gone ..

GeorgeinSC said:
Its a "Reality" show just like Pickers, storage wars, and others. There is just a teeny bit of truth involved (MAYBE) but the vast majority is completely scripted. They will milk the show for all its worth and then it will fade away. Reality shows are very cheap to make and because people watch them advertisers will pay good money to get their name on them.
Not sure this show is that cheap to produce, they just built a water dam wall to seal off Smith Cove that had to cost way over a million dollars, plus they also bought a large rock/ dirt shaker for going through the dirt they excavated from the cove that had to cost around a million dollars.
I'm sure they get a lot of money from doing the show but that's how they can afford to do all these large jobs and in my opinion they'll find these treasures that people couldn't find before them because they now have the resources that the others didn't have.

When they find the "Treasure" I will come up to WV which I do from time to time and buy your lunch.

In my opinion it is as fake as all the rest of those reality shows. But that is just my opinion.

Look at the number of people who admit that they watch the show and then think of all the people in this nation who have been drawn in and think of the dollars that the advertisers are willing to pay to get their product in front of that many million people.

GeorgeinSC said:
When they find the "Treasure" I will come up to WV which I do from time to time and buy your lunch.

In my opinion it is as fake as all the rest of those reality shows. But that is just my opinion.

Look at the number of people who admit that they watch the show and then think of all the people in this nation who have been drawn in and think of the dollars that the advertisers are willing to pay to get their product in front of that many million people.
Thanks for the offer on lunch, they've just opened a couple new steak houses in the area, it Should be tasty.
I definitely agree they are making lots of Money from the show it's gaining popularity each season and the advertiseiers want in on the action, they've actually been six men dye looking for these treasures in the past plus they are spending a ton of money on looking for these treasures.

You two crack me up. LOL

Was pretty bad with all the money they spent of that cofferdam and it leaked, then had to seal it with silicone.

wvrick said:
Was pretty bad with all the money they spent of that cofferdam and it leaked, then had to seal it with silicone.
It's still wasn't perfect even after they sealed it with silicone but at least now there able to dig in Smith Cove with the help of water pumps and uncover those hidden structures plus Gary with that metal detector is in heaven looking for stuff.

He is a blowheart... and they need to shoot the Narrator!!
Personally I believe it’s all a waste of money, but the program keeps sucking you in....

azsh07 said:
a show about nothing.....

Oh come on... It shows them drilling holes, digging holes with front end loaders, patching leaks....... day trips... meetings......... Sorta metal detecting........ getting excited over nothing.....removing pieces of wood from the mud..spending good amounts of time looking at huge rocks. great facial expressions..... and still looking for treasure...How can she call that nothing............ LOL............:rofl:

I've seen him detect several times, and I've noticed that A; he has his coil at least 2-3 inches above the ground, thereby losing some depth, and that B; he swings his coil a little too fast, risking not hearing a deep, faint signal, and C; at times he doesn't overlap his swings, or even use a proper grid type search. He almost zig zags his coil quite often, therefore possibly missing some targets. But, that just might be him trying to cover ground quickly for the cameras. But hey, if I were as good as him, I'd be on Oak Island, rather than him, lol

That Oak Island "Reality Show" is pure bovine feces. Look at any of the So called "Reality" shows. They string people along for as long as possible. Every episode has to have some type of Drama. Given time this show will quit being so profitable and will just disappear.

Personally I believe they are milking this show...so many people are hooked... I know it is TV...but Gary who is a “professional “? Doesn’t wear headphones. And using a shovel? Not very careful of the target... it any of us hunted with a shovel we would be thrown out before turning the Machine on... needless to say I am not to fond of Gary....or the Narrator of the show. Just my opinion.
Ron J :usaflag: