Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

OBN, What is the gold count this year??

silvercoinboy

Love to see your totals each year on the Bay

Thanks for asking...I've taken off the last 22 months? and just started getting wet 4 weeks ago, think I've been out 7 times now with 3 gold rings. Not much to show yet. Maybe come the end of the year I'll have a better count. The last 22 months had a few health issues (Hopefully over now) and busy with my home, and family. I does feel good to start back up, but I'm finding the long mile walks to some of these spots is a little much at 71 so I made up a cart to haul my stuff to the beach, rolls nice and should be a big help come winter when I want to bring a weight belt along..
I finished off 2021 with 45 gold>, here is a picture from that year. And my cart,, hope to have it in action Saturday..

2021 gold (2).jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

Thanks for asking...I've taken off the last 22 months? and just started getting wet 4 weeks ago, think I've been out 7 times now with 3 gold rings. Not much to show yet. Maybe come the end of the year I'll have a better count. The last 22 months had a few health issues (Hopefully over now) and busy with my home, and family. I does feel good to start back up, but I'm finding the long mile walks to some of these spots is a little much at 71 so I made up a cart to haul my stuff to the beach, rolls nice and should be a big help come winter when I want to bring a weight belt along..
I finished off 2021 with 45 gold>, here is a picture from that year. And my cart,, hope to have it in action Saturday..

View attachment 46249

View attachment 46250

View attachment 46251
Nice pile of gold. More than I've done in a lifetime.
Location is everything.
Sweet little cart. Thought about electric power ?
Maybe from one of those electric bikes.

Wow! I got two so far this year on is a 24K a guy I know sold off his gold ring finds got 22K!
Mark

View attachment 46249

View attachment 46250

View attachment 46251
Glad you’re better, of course. Both your finds and cart are impressive. Best of luck

View attachment 46249

View attachment 46250

View attachment 46251
That is vey nice display of rings… you got some very nice ones too!!!

Now I know where all the older class rings have gone. Great presentation. Just wondering if you have kept a record of hours per year you have spent in the water achieving such a collection. At 76 I still strive to detect 400 per year. I am at 250 for this year so far, I better get going. We have had a lot of bad weather and now Huricane Lee is due here this weekend. We'll see what he takes or leave at the beaches. Thanks for the pictures, and glad you are getting back in the water.... WaterWalker .... May the ring of gold be in your ears and its glitter in your scoop!

Now I know where all the older class rings have gone. Great presentation. Just wondering if you have kept a record of hours per year you have spent in the water achieving such a collection. At 76 I still strive to detect 400 per year. I am at 250 for this year so far, I better get going. We have had a lot of bad weather and now Huricane Lee is due here this weekend. We'll see what he takes or leave at the beaches. Thanks for the pictures, and glad you are getting back in the water.... WaterWalker .... May the ring of gold be in your ears and its glitter in your scoop!
Now that's a lot of rings.
Love to see what you found over the years.
Obviously location is King.

Thanks WW! Never really kept track of the hours but from 2015 to 2020 I did keep detailed records of the (gold found) hunts, Pictures, video tides/winds/location/temps but not the hours............ most of my hunts last 4 hours, tides are coming in, I'm done. I guess the only goals I set over the years was my gold count, and it has been good, being I have been very Blessed in tracking down good spots.

Yes, You be careful and Good Luck!! ! And enjoy the time out. Going to be interesting!

Just curious as to how many finds you make when having to hike in about a mile? Does it mean for a site like that, that people using the area have to also hike in or do they have other ways to get there? Seems like an area like that would have a limited amount of people.

Just curious as to how many finds you make when having to hike in about a mile? Does it mean for a site like that, that people using the area have to also hike in or do they have other ways to get there? Seems like an area like that would have a limited amount of people.
Without giving away too much ... some places that require a walk to get to the sweet spot were once popular beaches that drew large crowds decades ago that have since been abandoned, now border private land, border developments ... a whole bunch of reasons they are not frequented today. Finding them takes work, OBN has put in a lot of work finding them. He has earned every ring he finds!

It can vary, 1 to 5 gold is normal but I have had one spot in 2019 which was more than a mile walk that gave up 35 gold, in 13 hunts, in 30 days...
Great was, I had made friends with one of the locals one day coming out of the water ....only to find out we were good friends from the 80's. Now that mile walk is less than a hundred yards.

Like TVR said ..Most of the spots I hunt were summer beaches for a large metro area. All closed now and rather hard to get to..due to water front development.

Out thursday, no gold but the cart worked great, pulls very easy on the land and in the water. Added a few details to it today and i think we're ready for action. Going to be a big help in the water for I can anchor it in spots of interest if needed. So easy to lose your bearings when far off shore in the water.
SNAG-0008.jpg
11.jpg

Out thursday, no gold but the cart worked great, pulls very easy on the land and in the water. Added a few details to it today and i think we're ready for action. Going to be a big help in the water for I can anchor it in spots of interest if needed. So easy to lose your bearings when far off shore in the water. View attachment 46452View attachment 46453
Well, that answers my question, what will he do with the cart when he gets to the beach? Very cool! I heard that your next project is working on a Go Go Gadget hat helicopter to help you get to your car faster!
All kidding aside, you’re an inspiration to adventure seekers like us, thanks for posting. Tony

Out thursday, no gold but the cart worked great, pulls very easy on the land and in the water. Added a few details to it today and i think we're ready for action. Going to be a big help in the water for I can anchor it in spots of interest if needed. So easy to lose your bearings when far off shore in the water. View attachment 46452View attachment 46453
That's looking really useful. Nice job.

It can vary, 1 to 5 gold is normal but I have had one spot in 2019 which was more than a mile walk that gave up 35 gold, in 13 hunts, in 30 days...
Great was, I had made friends with one of the locals one day coming out of the water ....only to find out we were good friends from the 80's. Now that mile walk is less than a hundred yards.

Like TVR said ..Most of the spots I hunt were summer beaches for a large metro area. All closed now and rather hard to get to..due to water front development.
Thats why I have my skiff to get to those spots not reachable by foot all private one spot I have found over 100 silver coins no gold yet it pays off!
Mark

Thats why I have my skiff to get to those spots not reachable by foot all private one spot I have found over 100 silver coins no gold yet it pays off!
Mark
There is a nice beach near a local inlet opening to the ocean that we see a lot of people on when we are out fishing for flounder. There are rows of condos near that beach and virtually no public parking within about 1.5 miles. One of these days I will need to take a detector out on the boat and slide up on that beach for some detecting!