Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

October 2, The day I finally found a gold coin! 1893 10 mark from Baden, Germany!

silvercoinboy

Obv closeup.jpegrev close up.jpegMy first gold coin in 40 years of hunting, and in the middle of a plowed field!
Searching a farm field near my house here in Munich, Germany where I found the 1875 silver mark last week.
I was not excited when I first saw the glint of gold because I thought it was Euro 10 cent or a late 1920's 10 pfennig, but that changed fast when I wiped off the first layer of dirt. After I calmed down, I pulled out my Phone to document the coin.
front coin hole.jpeg IMG_1955.jpeg coin rear hole.jpeg coin out of hole.jpeg
The coin was not where I centered it at because there were two owl square nails in the hole which my White's pinpointer went to first. Sure glad I did not drive my shovel through it!!Hole field.jpeg hole.jpeg
Minelab 800 on Field 1 with FE1 at -7, and recovery speed of 6 due to all the iron in the field.

Guess I'll search the whole field now!!!!

AU !!! Congratulations Perfect way and place to celebrate OctoberFest! Congrats again and thank for your service to our country , see you are retired military officer

View attachment 7612View attachment 7611My first gold coin in 40 years of hunting, and in the middle of a plowed field!
Searching a farm field near my house here in Munich, Germany where I found the 1875 silver mark last week.
I was not excited when I first saw the glint of gold because I thought it was Euro 10 cent or a late 1920's 10 pfennig, but that changed fast when I wiped off the first layer of dirt. After I calmed down, I pulled out my Phone to document the coin.
View attachment 7613 View attachment 7614 View attachment 7615 View attachment 7616
The coin was not where I centered it at because there were two owl square nails in the hole which my White's pinpointer went to first. Sure glad I did not drive my shovel through it!!View attachment 7617 View attachment 7618
Minelab 800 on Field 1 with FE1 at -7, and recovery speed of 6 due to all the iron in the field.

That's a beautiful looking coin. Good Job..! Now find the other gold coin that was lost along with that one. It might be just a little bit deeper.

View attachment 7612View attachment 7611My first gold coin in 40 years of hunting, and in the middle of a plowed field!
View attachment 7613 View attachment 7614 View attachment 7615 View attachment 7616
The coin was not where I centered it at because there were two owl square nails in the hole which my White's pinpointer went to first. Sure glad I did not drive my shovel through it!!View attachment 7617 View attachment 7618

Congratulations, that’s a terrific find!
In the other forum I asked you what is meant by FE1, -7?
Tony

AU !!! Congratulations Perfect way and place to celebrate OctoberFest! Congrats again and thank for your service to our country , see you are retired military officer
unfortunately, Oktoberfest was canceled this year

That's a beautiful looking coin. Good Job..! Now find the other gold coin that was lost along with that one. It might be just a little bit deeper.
Lol!

GOLD Coinboy! Yeah, you’d better just pitch a tent, it’s SO rare to find ANY gold coin it’s just ridiculous. After 40 years I believe you well deserve it! CONGRATULATIONS!!

WOW WOW that's all I can say. Great still looking for me.