Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Odd Find in Delaware

Yeasty

Hunted a Delaware beach today. I arrived at 1630 (low tide) hoping the crowds would be getting smaller but the place was still packed. I had to wait till the life guards knocked off at 1700 and the crowd to thin out to have enough room to swing the E-Trac with the WOT. Any how, after about an hour of finding only $2.00 in spendables I came across a target that almost blew my headphones off. I thought, d@mn!, another soda can. The numbers said 12 - 47 so I had to dig it. As you can see, and to my surprize, a sweet silver 1968, 25 Peso Mexican coin showed up in the scoop! This coin is the same diameter as a US silver dollar, is 72% silver and contains .5208 oz of .999 pure silver. It commemorates the 1968 Mexico City Olympics. It had to have been lost today because it was in the blanket line and only an inch deep in loose sand. The quarter is shown for size comparison.

An odd find but really good day detecting on the beach!

25_PESOS_COMP.jpg

25PESOS_1968.JPG

Congrats. Nice find. Don't ya just love finding silver ! !
Dan

Thanks for the story and the pictures! Congratulations on the coin!

NebTrac

That's a nice chunk of silver! Maybe a Mexican immigrant lost it. They (immigrants) seem to be everywhere these days. Congrats!

OhioCoinHunter said:
That's a nice chunk of silver! Maybe a Mexican immigrant lost it. They (illegal immigrants) seem to be everywhere these days. Congrats!

I fixed that for you :thumbup:

Didnt figure you folks up north would have too much actual experience to speak on that subject. Certainly not everyone from Mexico is here illegaly.

Bell said:
Didnt figure you folks up north would have too much actual experience to speak on that subject. Certainly not everyone from Mexico is here illegaly.
In recent years we have noticed a dramatic increase in the numbers of Mexicans here in central Ohio. They are everywhere and they certainly aren't all legal. A few years ago a young police officer from my town was on patrol down a lonely stretch of road. He saw a disabled vehicle on the side of the road. Then he spotted the driver walking down the road and wanted to help. He stopped an offered the man, an illegal alien from Mexico, a ride. He got inside the patrol car and then shot and killed the young officer who was married and had two young sons, ages 2 and 3. The illegal alien then threw the body down an embankment and fled. It was a tragic event. Years ago the only Mexican immigrants we saw around here were migrant workers. Now they are staying and living in our communities. They are getting involved in illegal activities and it is a national problem. We've got to secure our border. If Mexicans or anyone else wants to live in America, they should come through the front door and become proud citizens like the rest of us. I can't believe all this uproar against Arizona, a border state. The federal government won't help Arizona with it's immigration problem and the gov't won't allow the state to take measures to protect itself. The governor, Jan Brewer, has even made youtube videos trying to get help. It's a bad situation. Violent crimes by illegals is rampant. Obama needs to help Arizona instead of worrying about racial profiling.

Lets not even go here on a metal detecting forum.

CT Todd is correct.
I did not intend to start a political controversy. Only to post a cool find.

Sorry guys. That is a cool find, Yeasty. Congrats again!