Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Odd water find today

nagov

Odd what goes through your mind when this is hanging on your scoop.....

Cliff

Wow, guess i would gently bury back into the sand for the next guy to find..lol.. thats not real is it? Looks like a cigarette lighter maybe... ya i imagine a lot of things go thru ones mind when seeing that in the scoop but i hope schrapnel isnt one of them ....

Saw you on TV tonight with a big smile on your face! Bet you were a little startled at first about seeing that thing in your scoop. Not often that a guy metal detecting shuts down a whole beach for a bomb squad! A few weeks ago I found a WW2 50 cal bullet on the beach not far from the Sirata. My guess was that they resanded the beach and brought these things in from the deeper water with the sand. Any idea on the age of the thing? :super:

Eddie Current said:
Saw you on TV tonight with a big smile on your face! Bet you were a little startled at first about seeing that thing in your scoop. Not often that a guy metal detecting shuts down a whole beach for a bomb squad! A few weeks ago I found a WW2 50 cal bullet on the beach not far from the Sirata. My guess was that they resanded the beach and brought these things in from the deeper water with the sand. Any idea on the age of the thing? :super:

I may have had a smile but that was because we were about to get the H out of there.... I have a new appreciation for the actors that complain about paparazzi, as we were walking across the beach, the reporters came at us like a rugby team running straight towards us.
No idea of how old the grenade was but it wasn't live which was a good thing. I pretty much had that feeling but I'm not an expert for sure.
Most of the 50 cal brass you find down here are from beach renewal, although I have been told by some that they strafed the shoreline in some spots for training.
Cliff

Wow...sounds like this find gave you quite an adventure...thanks for the heads up...I suppose the best thing to do with a find like this is to dump it right back in the hole, or have a forethought out plan for its placement? I would not want to carry it, nor have the media interview...:shrug: Still, that's a pretty cool find there!:thumbup:
Mud

Saw you all over the news tonight- what a unique find. Good thing it wasn't live

Saw you all over the news tonight- what a unique find. Good thing it wasn't live

Nice one Cliff. Don't know how I missed that one with the DF after all these years, LOL. You think it might of been put there so an MDer could find it? No bad storms lately, heavily hunted area....lots of questions with no answers. Cool find just the same.
I found one in a lot/yard downtown several years ago. Startled at first, but sand was pouring out the bottom from a quarter sized hole. I always figured it was a dummy made into a lighter. Makes a good conversation piece. No way to get them to let you keep it....that's a shame.

Nothing surprises me that you find up your way in the water. That one thou..... adds a new twist on WHATCH THINK I LOST OUT OF MY POCKET?

Dew

My 10 year old son came home with a Japanese grenade he found along side of the road one day. As ex-EOD, I recognized it and carefully hid it behind a big tree in the woods across the street from my house then called the authorities. It made the paper and the story for the world to see was that I threw it into the woods. It brought home the old adage about believing only half of what you see.

I could tell that this one was not live - it obviously had already blown up and made a mess of your scoop Nagov!

One strange find and Hope I never find one. And cool on the new interview, I would have ran for the car...

It appears Cliff you may have just found a way to remove some of that pushed up sand we have.

dewcon4414 said:
It appears Cliff you may have just found a way to remove some of that pushed up sand we have.

That would work huh? Hmmmmm