Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Off season hunting is here

tvr

This time of year in this area, I'm not in the water. When I was in Maryland, winter in the water was very productive, not so much here so I look for low spots at low tide in the wet sand and sometimes sweep the towel line. Has been very sanded in since Ian went through. Just starting to get some targets back but will be having another tropical storm go through over the next day. Will have to see what it brings.
Finds picture is of the finds (less bottle caps) from Monday. Pill bottle had nothing but sand in it. Did also spot and pick up 6 sharks teeth. The sharks teeth had been scarce since Ian too. It is starting to open up some.
The other picture is of some old guy my wife took a picture of.
Nov7_2022.jpg
NotManyLowSpots.jpg

You miss the Bay yet? Got some real good tides coming next week.

Glad your out doing what you love buddy, got to be a lot warmer down there.. and I'm sure the sites are way better!!

You miss the Bay yet? Got some real good tides coming next week.

Glad your out doing what you love buddy, got to be a lot warmer down there.. and I'm sure the sites are way better!!
Only thing we actually miss about Maryland is being closer to grandkids. Loving life here. We have found great sources (at very good prices) for blue crabs and fresh off the boat shrimp, croakers, spot and flounder too. Steamed up half a bushel of crabs last week. Ate some and picked some for crab cakes and cream of crab soup.
While the good detecting pickings were generally more plentiful in the bay tributaries ... I'll trade breaking ice with the scoop in January and February in the bay tributaries for the sights on the beaches here.
Hope you are well and finding the good stuff when the wind blows the water out of the bay!

Last edited:
Only thing we actually miss about Maryland is being closer to grandkids. Loving life here. We have found great sources (at very good prices) for blue crabs and fresh off the boat shrimp, croakers, spot and flounder too. Steamed up half a bushel of crabs last week. Ate some and picked some for crab cakes and cream of crab soup.
While the good detecting pickings were generally more plentiful in the bay tributaries ... I'll trade breaking ice with the scoop in January and February in the bay tributaries for the sights on the beaches here.
Hope you are well and finding the good stuff when the wind blows the water out of the bay!
Have you ever smoked any crab,, clams ,, lobster or oysters and put them in soup ?
I'd like to try that.

Have not done that.
Welp. Give it a try.
Kinda like how I make stews.
I grill or smoke the meats first.
Then cube and put in stew.
Beef and chicken stew is awesome that way.
Even a smoked roast in stew.
Let us know what you create.

Welp. Give it a try.
Kinda like how I make stews.
I grill or smoke the meats first.
Then cube and put in stew.
Beef and chicken stew is awesome that way.
Even a smoked roast in stew.
Let us know what you create.
I've done smoked turkey and smoked brisket in pot pies and quesadillas. Pulled pork nachos are good too. Finished a batch of Brunswick stew about two weeks ago.

Love to know how you did the Brunswick stew 🤗

in a pot put in:
medium onion chopped
two cloves garlic chopped
Saute in butter until onion is soft.
Add into pot:
12 oz package of frozen baby lima beans
12 oz package of frozen mixed vegetables
12 oz package of frozen corn
15 oz can of fire roasted tomatoes
one large or two medium potatoes diced (1 1/2 to 2 cups)
about three cups of pulled pork, maybe 4 cups (personally smoked and pulled of course)
tbsp of Worcestershire sauce
tsp of ground pepper
1/4 cup of vinegar based Carolina style BBQ sauce and 1/4 cup of a Kansas City style BBQ sauce (I've been using a North Carolina based McMasters BBQ sauce and Granny's BBQ sauce).
1/4 cup of V8 juice
add chicken broth until it just reaches up to what is in the pot, but not submerging everything ... go ahead and submerge it all if you like it more of a soup than a stew.
Bring it all to a simmer and cook until the potatoes are soft.
touch it up with a little more Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, BBQ sauces or V8 to your tastes.

Cooking it like this leaves the baby limas still a little crunchy and most people who have had it like that for the texture. If you want the limas soft, cook them before putting in the pot.

To keep it on topic for the beach ... it is wonderful to have a bowl of the stuff after a good day of beach detecting on a cold day. ;-)

Last edited:
in a pot put in:
medium onion chopped
Add into pot:
about three cups of pulled pork, maybe 4 cups (personally smoked and pulled of course)
tsp of ground pepper
1/4 cup of vinegar based Carolina style BBQ sauce and 1/4 cup of a Kansas City style BBQ sauce (I've been using a North Carolina based McMasters BBQ sauce and Granny's BBQ sauce).
1/4 cup of V8 juice
add chicken broth until it just reaches up to what is in the pot, but not submerging everything ... go ahead and submerge it all if you like it more of a soup than a stew.
touch it up with a little more Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, BBQ sauces or V8 to your tastes.

Cooking it like this leaves the baby limas still a little crunchy and most people who have had it like that for the texture. If you want the limas soft, cook them before putting in the pot.

To keep it on topic for the beach ... it is wonderful to have a bowl of the stuff after a good day of beach detecting on a cold day. ;-)
Awesome. Thanks Tvr. 🤗

Do you know how to make real corned beef ?
Is that an Irish/Scottish brisket ?

in a pot put in:
medium onion chopped
Add into pot:
tsp of ground pepper
1/4 cup of V8 juice

Sounds Yummy.
I may add a few Tai hot peppers. 😁

Awesome. Thanks Tvr. 🤗

Do you know how to make real corned beef ?
Is that an Irish/Scottish brisket ?
The Brunswick stew uses pork. Smoke up a pork butt like you would for pulled pork sandwiches; have some sandwiches and use the left overs for stew. Most of the recipes for Brunswick stew mix pork and chicken ... can probably use most any meat you want.
As for corned beef, I've read how to make it but have not made one.