Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Off shore shells

TheMarshall

Hello guys.

A lovely day here today in England, almost feels like Spring !

I went to our local beach, and decided to walk a mile off-shore in the sunshine.

Out there I located a spot where the armed forces did their live firing (1941-43), Spitfires and Hurricanes of world war II also used the area to do their strafing runs.

The .303 rifle cases were from about 12 to 14 inches, the cannon shell even deeper.

The E-Trac revels in working the wet sand. You could make yourself a small fortune collecting such scrap metal out there, for these day the price is very high.

Hoping the weather stays warm for the weekend for the club has an outing on farmland......Matt.

We have sites like that as well off of the north coast of America. I've found 50 cal shells (both live and spent) on the North and South Carolina beaches. When I was a teenager and hunted with my dad, I remember finding 100's of them in a single day. That was about 35 years ago. It was fun to hunt for them.

Thanks for sharing.

Cool get your money !!!!!

Jim, out there its so quiet and peaceful, with only the wind and the sea birds for company, is what makes the long walk worthwhile.

Targets are rare except in such discovered areas of past activities as previously related.

I know that somewhere deeply hidden 'neath those sands, are the wooden wrecks of past history. I wish I the facilities and time left, to design a simple device to alert me to their whereabouts.

A portable acoustic transponder system that connect to an Ipod, which displayed a histogram profile of sub-sand density strata, and any differentially definable Masses.

10 feet range would be an exciting piece of kit. ......

For me, metal detecting has wider appeals than that of simply finding things.

Nothing compares to the cleaner air of fields or open places like beaches etc.

To look back towards the distant shore line where the people are virtually invisible, is akin to being out in space and looking back at earth.

The the long walk back, after a strenuous afternoon of digging, brings you 'back to earth' so to speak

All the physical exercise, and mental relaxation, are better than pills or sitting watching TV.

Hope you're enjoying your detecting to................Matt.

Your outlook is inspiring
TheMarshall said:
Jim, out there its so quiet and peaceful, with only the wind and the sea birds for company, is what makes the long walk worthwhile.

Targets are rare except in such discovered areas of past activities as previously related.

I know that somewhere deeply hidden 'neath those sands, are the wooden wrecks of past history. I wish I the facilities and time left, to design a simple device to alert me to their whereabouts.

A portable acoustic transponder system that connect to an Ipod, which displayed a histogram profile of sub-sand density strata, and any differentially definable Masses.

10 feet range would be an exciting piece of kit. ......

For me, metal detecting has wider appeals than that of simply finding things.

Nothing compares to the cleaner air of fields or open places like beaches etc.

To look back towards the distant shore line where the people are virtually invisible, is akin to being out in space and looking back at earth.

The the long walk back, after a strenuous afternoon of digging, brings you 'back to earth' so to speak

All the physical exercise, and mental relaxation, are better than pills or sitting watching TV.

Hope you're enjoying your detecting to................Matt.