Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

OH MY ! I think I like my new F75 LTD2

Lakota

Ran home at lunch to get my LTD2, And got to just mess around with it a little before returning to work.

Before heading home I went to the older side of town to a vacant lot that I have not had much luck in before today. The VDI locked on at 27, thought well there is only one way to find out ( second signal I dug ). At 6" I pull an old crusty nickel, Nothing new there. Sept this nickel wasn't a Jefferson best I could tell. Couldn't make out a buffalo nor a chief either, Then I was able to get enough of the dirt out of the way to see a hint of vertical lines ( scratching my head thinking " is it foreign?")........ Wait There is a shield around those lines!!! :super: :super: :super:

I cannot make out the date yet... And if I have to Worschester sauce it, I will to get the date.. Had to with the "V" nickel to know it was a 1906.. But this one will jump way back in the 1800's and possibly unseat my seated ( all pun intended ) liberty dime for oldest coin found :biggrin: :thumbup: :biggrin:

Found some other modern coins from the 60's and 70's... But you all know I am one happy camper already with my 75 ltd2 lol

Lakota

Settings were 99 sens with DST running in BP with 3 tone and 0 notched of disc'd, Did mess with the 1N tones and I think I will find it very useful in a number of relic locations

Looks like it's working, great find!

Can't wait to get mine back, I'm hoping it makes it here Friday so I can take it out this weekend.

I emailed Juan to see what they did to mine, here's his reply:

Your unit was running off an original 2009 circuit board, the circuit board was replaced and then updated with the new software, before shipment it was tested and inspected by a QC Technician.

Fingers crossed :thumbup:

Sweet! We just got dumped on and there's 14" of snow on the ground hereabouts. Ugh!

Charlie P. (NY) said:
Sweet! We just got dumped on and there's 14" of snow on the ground hereabouts. Ugh!

Just cant catch a break can you Chuck lol..

Don't worry though, your eastern territory finds will best me in a month or two for my complete year totals :rofl:

Cal , What I received looked almost completely new, my items that are still obviously my originals are my 5" coil with the new outer cord cover ( mine was showing some small areas of damage) , My 11" coil looks like the cord cover was replaced and they went through it and then sealed the snot out of it ( it drowned shallow water hunting a couple years back and was running on half its cyl. )

Other wise its new everything else, No MaMA pin pointing. I'll be checking out my AM depth here in a few moment.

Lakota

Cal_Cobra said:

Your unit was running off an original 2009 circuit board, the circuit board was replaced and then updated with the new software, before shipment it was tested and inspected by a QC Technician.

Cal was yours new and what was it doing? I bought a new one in Jan. It's a 12/14 version. And my AM mode isn't as deep as discr mode. My camo F75 is quite a bit deeper than my new one. I called Juan and he said the 11/14 vs12/14 myth on the web had nothing to do w if you had a good machine or not. I thought if your detector was a 12/14 you were good to go. He said you could still have a earlier circuit board in it. He was very professional and answered all of my questions. Sent me a email w my return info and said that if I would send it back he would make sure it was right.

Well thats cool! I bet you will give her a good workout this weekend!:clapping:
Mud

pvtcook said:
Cal_Cobra said:

Cal was yours new and what was it doing? I bought a new one in Jan. It's a 12/14 version. And my AM mode isn't as deep as discr mode. My camo F75 is quite a bit deeper than my new one. I called Juan and he said the 11/14 vs12/14 myth on the web had nothing to do w if you had a good machine or not. I thought if your detector was a 12/14 you were good to go. He said you could still have a earlier circuit board in it. He was very professional and answered all of my questions. Sent me a email w my return info and said that if I would send it back he would make sure it was right.

I bought my F75 LTD new back in 2009 when they first came out (camo units). I had been back to FT a few years ago as it had an issue, and they said they replaced the motherboard and coil (which I believe as they had to change the faceplate from camo to black), but apparently they were still using the original mother boards back then. It did run much better after that trip, and was far more stable.

Then I sent it in back in November for the DST upgrade. I got back an 11/14 unit, and it ran awesome in disc mode, except it had that blaring unusable pinpoint audio in the new 2-tone modes (mama pinpoint bug) and testing indicated it was lacking depth in AM mode. Also had a few other small issues that had nothing to do with the DST upgrade, so I shipped it back last week. According to FedEx tracking I should have it back this Friday, so I'll take it out this weekend to see how she does.

Just let the dog out and there is another 6" new snow since I got home seven hours ago! Good thing I have other pursuits beside coin shooting! Ugh!

The shield nickel officially unseated the 1877 seated liberty as my new oldest coin.

1884... :biggrin: I'll take that !

Got weather in the 70's the next two days. Wish you all good luck,

Lakota

Lakota nice going on the shield nickel. I've found coins as far back as 1776 in California, but I've never found a sheld nickel yet (lots of V nickels though).

Got my F75 LTD2 back from FT yesterday, and they replaced the motherboard (pinpoin switch is the smaller one now), and when she fires up, it's show a 01-15-14 born date now!

Mama bug is gone (2F pinpoint sounds great now, even has a nice VCO type audio to it), but I haven't tested the AM yet. I don't really hunt in AM, but when I get a chance, I'll test it just to make sure it's up to par.

I cannot wait to take it out, but today is beach hunting as we had some nice storms and hopefully some nice beach cuts are forming :detecting:

HH,
Brian

CAL_COBRA please do test and let us know.
I too have my LTD2 black back the other day but haven't due to all the upper East coast snow storms been too busy to do any testing of it.
I'm curious to see your results. I too hunt in DISC. mode not AM mode. I'm mostly a coin and jewelry hunter.

I was sitting there thinking about this and realized I had a major brain fart lol. 1884 isn't older then 1877 :rofl:

But definitely my new oldest nickel by a good margin.

Thanks for all the kind comments guys,

Lakota