Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

ok, convince me:)

bthom

I have a fisher f4 which I have been quite successful, there is a guy here in New Zealand selling an E trac.... should I rush off and buy it? What are the pluses and minuses..in a wife friendly form might be helpful.

It is about personal preference. I hunted with the F2 a while back I know its different than the F 5 but I van assure you that the Trac is a whole nother category of detector. You wont regret it if you get it.

I Know when I went from my first detector , a cheap Chinese thing to the F4 it was like a whole new world had opened up.. if its a similar step up to the etrac, that would be convincing. What can it do that the f4 Can't?.. The f4 is very fast, how does the etrac compare on speed?

Hey Bthom,
Certainly no one can convince you. Please try one out for a while first...if that is not possible then seek out someone in your area with one that will show it to you; run it over some targets you have buried and tried to make some of them hard to find. The switch from my other detector gave me a bit of a curve when I first switched to Minelab 7 years or so ago, but anyone can learn given some time. I still use the other line detector for certain areas where less weight is important and depth is not. The Minelabs can get great depth and trick up the hiding coins next to rusty junk...I wont be letting mine go as its just getting better and better.

good luck
utahshovelhead

I would love to try one out.. though I only know of two in the country...and not near me. it makes these decisions tricky.

I have several hundred hours with the f4 and picked up an etrac a few months ago. I found the f4 to be an outstanding machine, especially for the money. I decided to give the etrac a try and so far I haven't been disappointed. The etrac is an entirely different machine but wasn't too difficult to figure out. I would certainly recommend picking up Andy Sabisch's book and search for etrac videos on youtube. Doing so really helped shorten the learning curve for me. If you don't mind spending the extra coin for a top of the line detector go for it. Worst case, if you don't like it you can always turn around and sell it...seems like they are still hot on the used market.

ok.. thanks for that, at the moment I can rush around, find signals, which I mark with a stick and my son with the pinpointer follows and digs them up, I can usually stay ahead of him.. would I be able to do the same trick no problem with the etrac. I know the etrac would give me more depth and power etc, but I dont want to lose the f4 coin magnetism.. I would need to sell the f4 to afford the purchase. The f4 cost me $600 nz to bring in, the etrac is $2000nz.

Keep the F4 then buy a nice used F75 and another pinpointer. Then you both can zip around and find coins. :detecting: