Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Okay so I realize I'm new to this brand of detector...

Steve In Michigan

Does the Equinox 600 ever shut up? This thing is so chatty and jumpy it's hard to tell when you had a good Target versus all the other junk out there. I've done the noise cancellation, the ground balance, everything else it just seems like it never shuts up and I have a hard time trying to figure out what's a good Target versus background noise or falsing.

Steve, Please list all your settings.
Are you indoors learning the machine or are you experiencing this behavior in the field ?
This sounds more like an EMI issue. Is it chatty in the sense it’s not quite while not moving ?

Does the Equinox 600 ever shut up? This thing is so chatty and jumpy it's hard to tell when you had a good Target versus all the other junk out there. I've done the noise cancellation, the ground balance, everything else it just seems like it never shuts up and I have a hard time trying to figure out what's a good Target versus background noise or falsing.
It shouldn’t be doing that unless your sensitivity is maxed out in a highly mineralized ground or, perhaps your settings aren’t right....if everything seems to be set right ,believe it or not, you could have a coil issue?? Connection or straight defect. That’s possible!......High EMI could be another.......obviously something isn’t right!

Steve, Please list all your settings.
Are you indoors learning the machine or are you experiencing this behavior in the field ?
This sounds more like an EMI issue. Is it chatty in the sense it’s not quite while not moving ?
Outside. Did noise cancel. Did ground balance. Threshold 0 recovery 2 sensitivity 4 bars. Fe 2 fe2 2. In park 1

Outside. Did noise cancel. Did ground balance. Threshold 0 recovery 2 sensitivity 4 bars. Fe 2 fe2 2. In park 1
Not sure what 4 bars is lol I look at the screen and keep mine around 23-24. If it starts chattering like a 4th grader who’s jacked up on sugar, I then lower it until it smooths out but rarely will I go below 20.
Fwcrawford is correct multi-frequency is more sensitive to EMI than single frequency.

Also make sure if you have a cell phone to place it on airplane mode or shut it off. This can definitely wreak havoc on your machine.
Try a different hunting area to determine if it could just be EMI that’s causing this.

Not sure what 4 bars is lol I look at the screen and keep mine around 23-24. If it starts chattering like a 4th grader who’s jacked up on sugar, I then lower it until it smooths out but rarely will I go below 20.
Fwcrawford is correct multi-frequency is more sensitive to EMI than single frequency.

Also make sure if you have a cell phone to place it on airplane mode or shut it off. This can definitely wreak havoc on your machine.
Try a different hunting area to determine if it could just be EMI that’s causing this.
If I remember correctly four bars is right around 20 I think

Take the sensitivity down to 15. If it is still noisy outside, in different areas, then you have hardware issues. If it gets quiet at 15, then your location is the problem. Drive across across town and try it. A setting 20(I guess that is 4 in bars, I never use the bars myself) 20 should run smooth after noise cancel.

Have you cleaned under your coil cover recently? I remove it and clean it after every use, especially beach. A LOT of sand get's in there after a beach hunt. Raising your recovery speed can help in highly mineralized areas...I keep mine at 4. Also, you can only use FE or FE2, they don't work together. So whichever one you look at last is what's being used. As others have suggested, try other areas as it sounds like you are experiencing EMI...it should be quiet until over a target. Good luck!

Another thing you can try is switching (lets say Field2 )and see if these higher frequencies will reduce interference from EMI.
This happened to me the other day.
Park1 multi was crippled from the EMI. I had to reduce sensitivity to 19 but this was unacceptable to me as it was still lightly chattering. I switched over to Field2 and noise cancelled. This mode calmed things right down and was able to keep sensitivity at 22.

Have you cleaned under your coil cover recently? I remove it and clean it after every use, especially beach. A LOT of sand get's in there after a beach hunt. Raising your recovery speed can help in highly mineralized areas...I keep mine at 4. Also, you can only use FE or FE2, they don't work together. So whichever one you look at last is what's being used. As others have suggested, try other areas as it sounds like you are experiencing EMI...it should be quiet until over a target. Good luck!
I don't have a coil cover. I thought it was supposed to come with one but I didn't see it. Last night was the very first time I turned it on and tried it out. And all I was really getting was... Blippity Blippity bloop bloop glug bippity blippity bloop... 😆 But I was quite impressed with the depth. It found a tiny triangle of aluminum siding, maybe a 1/16th" 8 inches deep!!

I've had the same thing happened to me a couple two or three times with my 600. It was always either really bad Emi or highly mineralized ground. Just move a half a mile away and see if the problem goes away

Steve if the bottom of your coil looks like this, you have no coil cover.

Attachments

• 0EB346B5-146B-46E2-A95A-DA4EBC47EBCB.jpeg
    0EB346B5-146B-46E2-A95A-DA4EBC47EBCB.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 110