Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Old Boat boneyard...

Ron J

This is Bang Inc. a real old boat yard located along Chelsea Creek, on the East Boston side. Peter Bang still runs a boating service out of here. He stores boats, and performs some repairs. Peter's father started this family business many years ago... He still uses an old Coast Guard Surfboat to tow smaller vessels to his Yard. The Black vessel belonged to his father, and has seen better days... we all hold on to old memories...
Places like this are hard to find, and once gone, its over, and a piece of history dies with it!!
Rj:usaflag:

Sad that some of those old classic boats are past the stage where they could be restored. Wish they could talk and tell you some good stories. Thanks for posting this, most interesting and enjoyable. Kelley (Texas) :)

the waterfront along Chelsea Creek, East Boston etc. There is so much history that is dissapearing.....:unsure: Contractors scoop up the land when available and build Condo or Apt. complexes. At the same time, the Contractors need to worry about contamination from oils, lead paint etc.

Thank you for sharing these photos, I stumbled upon these while searching for things about my father and his friends. I spent a part of my childhood in Peters boatyard. it feels good to see these photos