Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Old boy Scout Camp

Took a short hunt to find an old Boy Scout camp that was closed 30 years ago. All roads to it are long closed. Was a little over a mile walk . Wanted to try and just locate it being we have 5 inches of fresh snow and temp stayed in 20 degree range. But at least the sun was out. Using the A/T Gold , put on Nell Tornado coil to get a little more depth . Found camp in about an hour out . The area was heavy weeds had to crush down the weeds to be able to swing. That got old fast until I heard the ping of silver 1948 at about 4 inches , Two more steps and found the clad quarter . Got about 15 lincolns and 1 wheatie. Plus this cool phoenix round . Must of been a camp marker. Was Happy with the silver and finding the camp will go back but need to maybe bring a weed wacker along to clear brush.

All around good job under some trying conditions. Yeah, that sounds like a heck of a spot. 2 nice coin types there.:thumbup: HH jim tn

Congrats! Great places to hunt! I've been in a couple and am looking forward to a chance to hunt a 90 year old BSA camp this year.

Thanks, I work for a utility company and am always looking for new spots and talking to people asking where things used to be. Alot of old farms in this area and one I have been trying to get permission to hunt was a church camp back in 1800's to around 1950. Still working on that one. Owner just doesn't want anyone on his property. I keep going back at least once a month have been doing this since June 2014.

Just be honest with them. Told him that I was hunting history and his property was very old . Have only been told no about 50% of the time. No matter I always go back and ask again if told no. Been after one property since last June still go back each month. Can never hurt to ask all they can do is say no.