Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Old bulldozed home gives up silver quarters scattered on surface!

Cutaplug

Dad got a tip from an old man about a house that was bulldozed down about a year ago. The man said he knew a girl that found silver coins on the surface of the ground. He also told Dad that he thought the lady that lived there threw change in her back yard. After hunting there for a while we believe there were some jars filled with coins and they got broken and scattered when the house was dozed. Dad dug probably 200 pennies in one spot from the 60's and 70's and found a broken jar that was painted red mixed in with them. I found 5 silver quarters right on the surface and then found the bottom of a broken jar which was also painted red. The place was covered with weeds so we'll be clearing it out if possible and raking it to do a full sweep. Definitely a place we'll go back to very soon!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1yWG0b93Kw

Congratulations on all the silver :surprised: make sure you and dad go back there and give that place a real good hunt there's bound to be more, and make sure you bring along the video camera :cheers:

Great post and vid! Man! thats a place you could spend some time for sure!
Mud

niterider_58 said:
Congratulations on all the silver :surprised: make sure you and dad go back there and give that place a real good hunt there's bound to be more, and make sure you bring along the video camera :cheers:

Will do =) The place is right in the middle of town so have to be sure not to draw too much attention. Already had a guy ask what we were finding. I think we'll fill our pouches with $5-$10 worth of clad and if anyone asks we'll act as if we're poor and excited about finding new change lol. Not the first time I've used that tactic :wiggle:

Nice spot and finds RC. Thanks for the video and pictures.

NebTrac

I see four of the quarters were 1964 quarters. Having four 1964 quarters in one small area is unusual.

It makes me think this is part of a coin collection. Someone could have been collecting coins with specific dates.

electricmetal21 said:
I see four of the quarters were 1964 quarters. Having four 1964 quarters in one small area is unusual.

It makes me think this is part of a coin collection. Someone could have been collecting coins with specific dates.

Could be =) I talked to Dad and one of the silver quarters he pulled was a 64 too. Could also be from a roll or something maybe...

Wow, that's crazy! I hope you two can pull a lot more from there. Maybe there will be some big silver mixed in as well! Congrats!

Great place to hunt!! Best of luck when you go back. Silver is always nice!!