Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Old coffee can at 16" down, inside was...

Doc Holliday

Out in the desert yesterday when my detector screamed at me to stop and dig. It was deep, about 14"-16" down...an old coffee can. My mind raced for a second...what's an old coffee can doing way out here, and what's inside? I remembered all the gold coins in California that were found.

Stay calm, stay calm...dig that baby out. Down in the dirt, not caring about my clothes at that point.

[attachment 322692 IMG_20151117_140730.jpg]
[attachment 322693 IMG_20151117_141105.jpg]

Finally got the whole thing out....
[attachment 322694 IMG_20151117_141113.jpg]

But...sometimes an old coffee can is just an old coffee can...dang it...
[attachment 322695 IMG_20151117_141609.jpg]

I DID find a weird rock that hit as metal....shows a silver color when scratched...don't know what it is...non-magnetic...
Anyone have some ideas on this one?
[attachment 322696 IMG_20151117_203508.jpg]

...and an old bullet...
[attachment 322697 IMG_20151117_203633.jpg]

All dig holes properly backfilled, of course.

Wow, that is great that you get readings that deep. What detector are you using. I am having issues with mine in the desert. Where are you located?

Well it was deep, but it was also a big target, my BH QD Pro definitely locked on and howled at me with that one.

Back in the 70s my fathers friend had an old farmhouse.
His place was the scene of a holdout between the sheriffs posse and 2 bank robbers that robbed the Dishman National bank in the 20s. The robbers got away with a few thousand in notes and gold and silver.
When finally captured, there was no money to be found.
My fathers friend figured that the robbers were able to make it to the well and stash the cash.
So, one night my dad called and said to bring my detector up, we were going to hunt for the money. I crawled down in the well and started searching the walls. About 4 feet down I got a killer signal.
We dug through that concrete hard pan from the outside of the well for a couple of hours, thinking of all the stuff we could buy with the loot. What we found was........

An old shovelhead. And not of the Harley Davidson variety.
The human imagination is a wonderful thing isn't it?

[size=x-large][size=large]
IT COULD HAVE BEEN THIS!!​
[/size]
[/size]
I never give up hoping to find a container of buried gold or silver coins so keep hoping and detecting:thumbup:!

Doc, I can relate to the excitement and to find nothing.-------------------- Goldstrike, ---Wow--------------after1-----------

This pic is from the Saddle Ridge hoard where that couple living up Northern California were walking their dog and found about 8 buried coffee cans with $10,000,000 plus worth of gold coins! DANG...Now why couldn't that have been me?lol!

A friend and I detected 2 steel cans in the hollow of a tree but they were empty.Always wondered??????? The excitement though was great.HH-Mark

He had permission to the backyard of an old house over 200 years.
I found a signal, 20 centimeters deep. very strong. I removed the earth. There it was, the handle on the top of a small pot. :surprised:
Below will be the pot? ... A pot full of coins? :jump:
I kept digging very carefully and ... it was only the top of the pot. :shrug:
I had five minutes of wonderful adrenaline overdose.:crazy:
Thank you for your stories.

The metal lloks aluminum. I have seen aluminum melted into blocks by fire. Is it heavy or just moderate weight? Heavy may be silver.

I agree aluminium, said the way British say it,lol