Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Old coins and 3 gold

birdman

Hi all, I had a good weekend of hunting. Saturday was spent in the mountains looking for good coin spots like old wide spots on trails where they would stop and rest after coming up the mountain also cross roads are productive.
My self and a friend was on our third mountain with nothing to show . Our last spot on the map did not look like much but as soon as I put my coil down I dug a Japanese aluminum coin .
Not bad ,I am happy with any thing. I got a very weak signal and then I lost it. After kicking some soil back I got the signal again. I dug down about a foot and there was what I thought was a stone covering the signal. I started prying the stone and it broke , It turned out to be an old ceiling tile and under it was pot . It took a bit and the pot was broke but I was able to recover 3 quarters of it. Inside the pot were 7 coins. The dates range between 1670 and 1750.
One of my favorite finds for sure.
I hit the beach today and scored two 18k and a 14k so it has been a good weekend.
Thanks for looking and hh.

Waaaay cool finds birdman!:clapping: But, please pardon my ignorance, are these U.S. finds or overseas?:confused:

Very nice finds !

birdman said:
I am stationed in Korea,thus the strange coins.lol

Interesting! My guess is there's not much competition swinging the old detector. What a great opportunity. :thumbup:

Cool finds over their. Do you have much compition over their? What kind of detector do you guys use? ... KEN,, Indiana

These were found with a sovereign elite. Good all around machine.Detecting is catching on here but mainly on the beaches. I have seen as many as four people at a time out.One guy had four gold and one was some kind of class ring and it was 22K. Yea I was pretty envious of that one.