Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Old cut corn field 1/2 cent

Mark kus

I hunter Saturday with a friend and my father who is 88!
We started in a old corn field that was recently cut and within 15 minutes I had a 14-16 on my Nox a good solid signal so I dug it out turns out was a half cent!
I’m not sure if I ever dug one before because most of these coins are worn pretty badWhen I find them but this one definitely is one We stayed there for about two hours digging some modern coins and lots of bullets I’ll go back as I heard there was a capped bust pulled from here last year!
HH
Matk
733C8873-6131-4B4E-BD7A-AF81C0E475CD.png

I wish I still had my father to hunt with. I envy you. I lost my father when he was 56 years old. I was six weeks old when he went overseas during ww2. He was wounded three times.

Carver

That’s very cool. Imagine if he would have had a modern machine back in the 40s or 50s. No telling what the old timers would have found. do you ever just drive around and have him show you where things used to be along time ago?

Lost my dad when I was 16, cancer. He was 45. He showed me bottle digging when I was 10 or 11. Been digging and finding ever since. I know he would love detecting if he was around. Luckily I spent all my years following and learning from him and now my kids follow me as I teach them the same lessons. Having faith, and a good woman helps a man heal up and move on. Kids too. If I sit still I start to hurt again. Always moving forward.

Thanks Carver sorry to hear about the passing of your father I thank him for his service.
I believe my father started detecting in the 70’s as I remember when I was a kid and I was detecting with him then I stopped and started again in 2016.
Sorry Iowa that’s quite a sad loss at such a young age I’m glad I have some time to spend with him we were out swinging a corn field for two hours he never stopped being a swamp Yankee!
Mark