Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Old Dog Tax and Flat Buttons

tencents

Dog tax tag from Kansas City MO, some nice flat buttons from homesite where Grasshopper found a 1854 Trime last week. We're 170 miles from KC makes the imagination kick in. 20220416_185406.jpg Penny is a 1961, good luck is plastic eyeball find. For me a fine day.

Attachments

• 20220416_190638.jpg
    20220416_190638.jpg
    448.4 KB · Views: 118
Im torn between 1886 and 1896…… if you look at the 9 in this text its kinda “flat sided” on the right side. On the tag it has the dimple like the 8s do. Neat find no matter the year!!

Dog tax tag from Kansas City MO, some nice flat buttons from homesite where Grasshopper found a 1854 Trime last week. We're 170 miles from KC makes the imagination kick in.View attachment 25119 Penny is a 1961, good luck is plastic eyeball find. For me a fine day.
Just to update I sold it today for $200, if it's an1886 it's the oldest on record. If it's a 1896 may be a one of as some of those in the 1890's are. Just glad someone who appreciates it more than I do has it.

Dog tax tag from Kansas City MO, some nice flat buttons from homesite where Grasshopper found a 1854 Trime last week. We're 170 miles from KC makes the imagination kick in.View attachment 25119 Penny is a 1961, good luck is plastic eyeball find. For me a fine day.
Tencents, congratulations on that old dog tag! I think that is the oldest one that I've ever seen dug! Best of luck and...
Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Tencents, congratulations on that old dog tag! I think that is the oldest one that I've ever seen dug! Best of luck and...
Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel
A few years ago I dug one from ND that was a 1876 in a old ball field in ND. This one was actually one a year before North Dakota was a state so it was a Dakota Territory one, but didnt have The DT on it if it would have it would have been $1000 Dog tag, but did have the town name on it Hillsboro. I had a guy offer me $200 cash or a $5 gold Piece for it which I took and when gold was higher I sold it for $350, so it was OK too.
Any in the 1800 are collector items and have a couple in the early 1900 that I got to get checked out.

Rick

Wow, that is super old Rick!. Great story so close to home.
4 years ago I pulled a 1908 Carrington Dog Tag which is my oldest.
Dave
A few years ago I dug one from ND that was a 1876 in a old ball field in ND. This one was actually one a year before North Dakota was a state so it was a Dakota Territory one, but didnt have The DT on it if it would have it would have been $1000 Dog tag, but did have the town name on it Hillsboro. I had a guy offer me $200 cash or a $5 gold Piece for it which I took and when gold was higher I sold it for $350, so it was OK too.
Any in the 1800 are collector items and have a couple in the early 1900 that I got to get checked out.

Rick

Great dog tag. I'm calling it an 1886. If they were issued in numerical sequence,there was over 1,400 issued that year. Nobody thought to save them back then. Good for you on getting a good price for it. It may be the only one that ever shows up.

Rick
Rick(ND)--
I love hearing stories like that. One time I dug a 14K gold chain that weighed 15.2 grams. One of my poker buddies wanted it so I traded it plus $200 for a nice .223 rifle that he had. We were both happy with the deal. Keep digging those goodies! Best of luck and...
Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Definitely 1886.
Beautiful find!!

Attachments

• EA45FD7B-3C74-4E09-AC37-33590C41C576.jpeg
    EA45FD7B-3C74-4E09-AC37-33590C41C576.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 69