Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Old Fishing Spots are they worth detecting?

Howard Snell

They arnt to many excellent areas less than 5 minutes away from me. There are a couple of fishing spots. Not talking in the water but as far as land detecting would they yield good results?

I have had good luck along streams and rivers, being that fishing spots can also be old hang out or a picnic grove make them worth detecting

Howard Snell said:
They arnt to many excellent areas less than 5 minutes away from me. There are a couple of fishing spots. Not talking in the water but as far as land detecting would they yield good results?

It really depends on the trash level. If it's a spot that has been well used over the last 30 years the trash is going to make detecting very difficult. Lead weights, beer cans, pull tabs, tin foil, hooks and everything else associated with fishing are going to be everywhere.

Zofchak

That is true too... But, I have pulled large cents, and silver US coins and a spanish reale out of those same places but they are hard earned after digging out a lot of trash.

hi I don't own o 3030 yet but I hunt fishing holes, camp fire spots that has been their for as long as I can remember,,we used to camp for weeks their when kid .anyway 50 year old campsites full of trash fun to hunt well worth it.sometimes my unit sound like it going to blow up. it amazing what that at pro will pick out :detecting:.but one day soon a own 3030 an get the real deep stuff .anyway hunt them

Oh yeah Huntingsonny.. I do enjoy checking around ye old fire pit when I find them in the woods... Can't say I recall making any spectacular finds around them though except some wheat cents. I suppose if the pit was real old it would be long gone from the surface, at least around here since most land was farmed at one time