Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Old friend coming back

Albert

Had sold my original garrett gti 2500 with treasure talk a few months ago . I was planning to sell all the coils that I had purchased for it over time but never got around to it . Well I happened on a ad for the gti 2500 bundle . The one that came with both coils and the carrying case that fits everything inside . It looked like it was in excellent condition . And already having all the coils for it , well…. Don’t get me wrong, I have all the new latest and greatest in my closet lol but the Garrett’s were my first detectors back in the day when I started in this hobby . It’s a unique detector with the imaging and talking lady . The new gti’s are minus the talking lady feature which I thought was neat . Anyways , it should be here next . Now I’ll have to make room again for the new kid lol

This is a fabulous machine... and still very pricey...
I was only able to find one... and I mean one... audio example of The Treasure Talk Lady... Norfolk Wolf lets the gal speak up at 1:21 in this very short test out video....
Norfolk has a slew of shorts on most of what we now call vintage detectors...

If I had one of these spectacular babydolls... I would be making a Treasure Talk video just to get a permanent example of it out there... cause there's nothing...

link to the online manual at Garrett with a very breif mention of treasure talk

The original instruction video from Garrett... Not one mention or example of treasure talk...

This detector was the deepest I had ever owned back in the day with thec12 inch coil!! But it is a big iron lover and was hard too tell big iron from a good repeatable signal so I sadly moved on but absolutely love the talking feature !!

Had a GTI2500 w/treasurettalk and the white coil for a number of years. It sat unused for a while life happened. Had Garrett rebuild it and update the innards, and replace the coil. It was deadly at the park. You could cherry-pick targets for the larger coins. I sold it as it was too heavy to swing for extended periods at my older age. Went with a Garrett Apex as its replacement. The GTI2500 was a good machine, but I haven’t looked back…

It’s back . Well taken care of . Did some testing and it’s working like it should . She was sweet talking to me and told me there was a coin under that coil , lol. Anyways just purchased it more for old time memories than anything else. Maybe next month at the club hunt I’ll take it along for old time sake .

My GTI2500 is an older unit, which means it doesn't have a lady who talks to you. It does perfectly well in finding good targets, plenty deep, showing the difference between treasure and trash. We can swing together anytime.

Then I get home and talk to the wife. Can't complain.

Cheers.

This is a fabulous machine... and still very pricey...
I was only able to find one... and I mean one... audio example of The Treasure Talk Lady... Norfolk Wolf lets the gal speak up at 1:21 in this very short test out video....
Norfolk has a slew of shorts on most of what we now call vintage detectors...

If I had one of these spectacular babydolls... I would be making a Treasure Talk video just to get a permanent example of it out there... cause there's nothing...

link to the online manual at Garrett with a very breif mention of treasure talk

The original instruction video from Garrett... Not one mention or example of treasure talk...
Try looking up the Grand Master Hunter CX 3.
Was the first with treasure talk.
Maybe someday I'll make a video.
Still Loving it. Recently I finally found the 12" coil.
Maybe I'll try it this weekend. Need to get some C batteries though.

Had a GTI2500 w/treasurettalk and the white coil for a number of years. It sat unused for a while life happened. Had Garrett rebuild it and update the innards, and replace the coil. It was deadly at the park. You could cherry-pick targets for the larger coins. I sold it as it was too heavy to swing for extended periods at my older age. Went with a Garrett Apex as its replacement. The GTI2500 was a good machine, but I haven’t looked back…
How much did they charge to rebuild it ?
Wouldn't mind upgrading mine with a fresh tune.

I believe it was about $300. I bought a new coil to replace the original coil, and they replaced all of the pc boards and labels on the outside and tightened the arm cuff to make it stop creaking. It looked completely new, and worked much better than before. It was well worth the updates.

Had sold my original garrett gti 2500 with treasure talk a few months ago . I was planning to sell all the coils that I had purchased for it over time but never got around to it . Well I happened on a ad for the gti 2500 bundle . The one that came with both coils and the carrying case that fits everything inside . It looked like it was in excellent condition . And already having all the coils for it , well…. Don’t get me wrong, I have all the new latest and greatest in my closet lol but the Garrett’s were my first detectors back in the day when I started in this hobby . It’s a unique detector with the imaging and talking lady . The new gti’s are minus the talking lady feature which I thought was neat . Anyways , it should be here next . Now I’ll have to make room again for the new kid lol
I’ve just picked up one my favorite old detectors Grand Master Cx III I had one many years ago trades of off.

Nice! They are getting hard to find especially when they are in nice working condition . I have one also . I was lucky to find the bundle package with the carrying case and 2 coils and all in excellent condition. Too bad they quit making the battery holders for them . So be careful when you’re putting in or taking out the batteries on those holders

I believe it was about $300. I bought a new coil to replace the original coil, and they replaced all of the pc boards and labels on the outside and tightened the arm cuff to make it stop creaking. It looked completely new, and worked much better than before. It was well worth the updates.
How long ago did you have that done.
Mines acting a little funky in all metal.
Especially after ground balancing.
Can't get it to settle. Keeps seeking.
Used to be awesome in that mode.

Fall of 2019. Worked flawlessly after that rebuild. I’ve since sold the machine as my arm and shoulder could not take swinging the weight of it any more.

Fall of 2019. Worked flawlessly after that rebuild. I’ve since sold the machine as my arm and shoulder could not take swinging the weight of it any more.
I never really swung it.
Took arm cuff off.
More like just twisting the wrist.
With factory coil the balance was perfect.
With the little hockey puck 5" coil it floats in my hand.
I see why Charles Garrett loved it.