Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Old home site finds today...

fwcrawford

My buddy and I searched around an old home site for about 4 hours and managed a few more saves.
He had the pick of the finds today finding a New York button, a Virginia button, and a nice sturrup ( at least after some electrolosys it will be ).
I don't know anything about sturrups,so if someone could tell me if this may be military style or not it would help.
Most of the ones I find are not shaped like this.
Also needed is some help IDing the object on the far right with the square hole in it.. don't have a clue on this either.. it is made of brass.
I managed to find the flower button with a backmark "B. & BURNHAM EXTRA".
Still has much of the gold gilding on it too!
Thanks for looking,
Felix

I would like to see a photo of the bottom portion of the stirrup also. It resembles some confederate cavalry types I've seen in the past. ??? Great finds all around. cch

Nice finds, Benedict and Burnham buttons almost always have the majority of the gilt remaining.. They must have been heavily gilted. They were commonly worn by confederates as well.

That appears to be a Conf Cavalry Stirrup to me !!! Nice. CCH

cool finds man,been dyein to dig a old stirrup,or anything from the confederates for that matter the south will rise again. only reason we lost is because we sold our bullets for coffee,and smokes

That stirrup turned out really nice.......and the handle is for a valve stem. I have seen them on gas lines for the old gas lights, (before electricity) although they could be used for many things.